BATTERY UPGRADE

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Hello All,
I did this battery upgrade. Its pretty simple you need a sheet metal guy to build the box that the battery sits in. I mounted the box on angle iron running across the two tubes under the drivers seat. I bought two battery cables 78" long at Advance Auto Parts. One end fits a top post battery and the other end just has an eye. Mount the top post end to the new battery. Remove the oem battery. Run the wires across to the oem wires that were attached to the oem battery and bolt them all together through the eye of the new cable. Abra Kadabra you are now a magician.

IMG 1624 IMG 1623 IMG 1626 IMG 1625 IMG 1627

mike2016700-4

mike2016700-4

Jan 9, 2016
Louisiana
Hello All,
I did this battery upgrade. Its pretty simple you need a sheet metal guy to build the box that the battery sits in. I mounted the box on angle iron running across the two tubes under the drivers seat. I bought two battery cables 78" long at Advance Auto Parts. One end fits a top post battery and the other end just has an eye. Mount the top post end to the new battery. Remove the oem battery. Run the wires across to the oem wires that were attached to the oem battery and bolt them all together through the eye of the new cable. Abra Kadabra you are now a magician.

View attachment 1846 View attachment 1847 View attachment 1848 View attachment 1849 View attachment 1850
One of the best ideas I've seen on this site.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Very nice work. This has been on my to do list along with about 100 other things! Can you show how you connected the stock cables to the new ones? I think I know how I'll do it but curious if your idea is better.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
OK! I'm doing it.

Now that you bought 78" cables, do you think that's the right length? Should they be shorter?
I think you're going to want some drain holes.

Edit: The same sheet metal guy can fab up a storage box to go where the OEM battery was.
Second Edit: I see the drain holes now.

Reactions: Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!