P1000 Black Hills Ditch Creek 62" Trail System

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Beautiful scenery. We were in the Black Hills NF in WY 2 yrs ago turkey hunting and used the Avenza app to navigate through it. OK, I will ask ...... 2400 miles in 4 days??? I went back and reread that 3 times and finally realized that I believe you meant that was the TOTAL mileage on the Pioneer now ....... lol. I was wonder how you carried that much fuel.

Last edited:
-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Y
Beautiful scenery. We were in the Black Hills NF in WY 2 yrs ago and used the Avenza app to navigate through it. OK, I will ask ...... 2400 miles in 4 days??? I went back and reread that 3 times and finally realized that I believe you meant that was the TOTAL mileage on the Pioneer now ....... lol. I was wonder how you carried that much fuel.

Lol, yeah, I meant that since I bought the pioneer this past September, it has reached 2400 miles. They are a few small "mom and pop" shops in the Hills that sell gas located as close to 1/4 of a mile from the trails. Downside is cash price is about $4.00 a gallon

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Were most of those downed trees "Bug Trees" ?

C

Cpl_Gump74

Aug 4, 2017
Ripley, TN
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice pics! Any chance yawl know if I can download these trails to Garmin Basecamp or my Garmin Oregon GPS gadget?

Reactions: -Bear-
-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Nice pics! Any chance yawl know if I can download these trails to Garmin Basecamp or my Garmin Oregon GPS gadget?

You can from the South Dakota game fish and parks website. There us an off-road vehicle section with multiple map downloads for different gps’s of the trail systems

Reactions: Vikes79 and Mudwing
NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Don't know about downloading them to a Garmin, but you can download them to your phone or tablet.

There is a free download available at www.avenza.com/pdf-maps . Once you have Avenza on your phone, search for "Black Hills MVUM" ; then select which one of the three areas you want to use. Just remember to update the map every year, as the trails are always changing due to new construction or hazard closings.

You also get a free paper maps with the purchase of your required OHV permit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!