P1000m5 Boulder Creek Ride - July 16th

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went up Purinton/Boulder Creek this weekend. Water was pretty high after a good rain, so we didn't get very far up. There was some pretty fast moving water. Stopped at a pretty well known moose camp near the creek, and had to get a picture of the "outhouse".

Finally broke 100 miles on the Honda Pioneer and so far it is awesome! No mechanical issues, and the ride seemed to be improved with the Highlifter 2.5" lift. Didn't see any other Honda SXS's, only Yamaha and Polaris. Did notice this beast is wider than most. We didn't fit so well down some of the tighter trails, which will only get worse after the Portals are installed. I have the heat shield installed under the seat, but with the creek and river crossings, that enclosed cab still gets damn hot. Wouldn't normally complain but its been 70-80 deg F up here in AK this summer. We are melting! I might look over a few threads to see what others are doing to keep the heat out of the cab.

Nothing crazy, just a couple pictures and short videos of the Pioneer going down the trail. First time posting a video, hope it works. I had some good video of a couple hill climbs, but the videos don't do it justice.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="

IMG 1579 IMG 1573 IMG 1609 IMG 1611 IMG 1639

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pictures and video are amazing. I would almost kill to get to ride in AK. I'm making it there before I die but probably not with my pioneer lol. Joey, you up for a road trip lmao

Reactions: AKTMW and joeymt33
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
That must have been you in the staging area around 11. We went up to Eureka. 2 Pioneers, a Rancher, and a King Quad. Awesome weather that day, until the monsoon hit that around 6.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!