P700 Branch mitigation

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I found myself bushwhacking up a very dis-used trail last weekend, and all of us in the 700-4 were hating life, it seems more like a medieval torture chamber, than a nice ride through the bush. Looking for suggestions on how to mitigate it. I was wondering if maybe some type of blades mounted vertically would actually cut the branches or not? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The blades won't cut the limbs. Some here use strings run from the front bumper up to the top of the cab. The limbs I go under are too much for strings.

Keep your window netting on, that helps.

Reactions: Jshell3
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I was dealing with the same thing yesterday. Leaving the nets on definitely helps but the occasional one still makes it through. Using the half shield helps as you can reach through and push stuff out of the way. Just part of the ride I guess, I'm open to ideas.

Reactions: Koda and joeymt33
J

Jshell3

I remember when I added my roof... I was so happy that I wasn't getting leaves and sticks down my butt crack anymore! The ROPS took a while to get adjusted to, since I could no longer "duck" the limbs like I used to on my four wheeler ATV.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't duck them. I stick my head out the window and bite thru them! That way I don't have to deal with them later. It's also good for the teeth they say, like a chew toy for a dog.
Lmao!

Reactions: joeymt33
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
I don't duck them. I stick my head out the window and bite thru them! That way I don't have to deal with them later. It's also good for the teeth they say, like a chew toy for a dog.

@nbomar has a trail dog named "Peaches" that tries to bite thru all the branches! It's fun following him and watching her!

Reactions: joeymt33 and nbomar
advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 1881

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4

We usually drive something like this when in heavy stuff, but the people in the back seat take it hard, and the odd one even catches you hiding behind the windshield or in the arms etc.

File of Young Man Driving Car and Leaning Forward and Peering Through Car Windshield Stock Photo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!