P500 Canoe loaded on a P500

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Was not sure how well it would work but I loaded my 16" canoe on top of the roll cage. It looks sorta of awkward but when I took it for a spin it was actually pretty stable and did just fine. I wanted to check since there are some remote lakes near my place that have huge pike and lake trout in them but are hard to access. This will allow me to haul my canoe in and fish in the summer. I normally only fish them through the ice in the winter since the shore access is very limited.

I used standard canoe car top pads but I think pipe insulation might work better to keep the canoe from rubbing on the roll cage. Might pick some up and try it tomorrow too much to do today to mess around with the P500 today.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Was not sure how well it would work but I loaded my 16" canoe on top of the roll cage. It looks sorta of awkward but when I took it for a spin it was actually pretty stable and did just fine. I wanted to check since there are some remote lakes near my place that have huge pike and lake trout in them but are hard to access. This will allow me to haul my canoe in and fish in the summer. I normally only fish them through the ice in the winter since the shore access is very limited.

I used standard canoe car top pads but I think pipe insulation might work better to keep the canoe from rubbing on the roll cage. Might pick some up and try it tomorrow too much to do today to mess around with the P500 today. View attachment 6409View attachment 6410

I used standard canoe car top pads but I think pipe insulation might work better to keep the canoe from rubbing on the roll cage. Might pick some up and try it tomorrow too much to do today to mess around with the P500 today. View attachment 6409View attachment 6410

I am impressed fish.Maybe a few more rachet straps for insurance.

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I am impressed fish.Maybe a few more rachet straps for insurance.
The pictures were the initial load. When I trail tested it I used a heavy duty ratchet strap over the center to assist with stabilization. It rode well and I'm pretty sure it will make it all the way back to the lakes I will just have to take it easy and watch for overhanging trees.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If I tried that I would catch every dog gone limb from here to ten buck two.

Looks like you have it figured out though, be safe in your travels packing that thing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!