P700 Clutch replacement

N

nballard03

Jul 27, 2024
Mansfield GA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,
So I’m planning on replacing the clutches in my pioneer 700-4. Does anyone know where I can just get a whole kit. With clutch discs, gaskets, etc. I can find them for other models, but my search results end up with a parts breakdown and individual part numbers. Any recommendations and need to knows would be greatly appreciated.

N

nballard03

Jul 27, 2024
Mansfield GA
Ownership

1. 700-4
You do realize getting to clutches 2 and 3 require splitting the cases right?

What makes you think they need replacing?
Yes I do. Because as you know if you don’t let it warm up before driving it, it will start slipping and not shift. Well last week we had some family from out of town stay with us. Their kids were riding it and I wasn’t there to tell them how. They stated that something was wrong because it was real slow no matter how much gas they gave it and it just got slower and slower. Now it will barely move and it smells like something burning.

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes I do. Because as you know if you don’t let it warm up before driving it, it will start slipping and not shift. Well last week we had some family from out of town stay with us. Their kids were riding it and I wasn’t there to tell them how. They stated that something was wrong because it was real slow no matter how much gas they gave it and it just got slower and slower. Now it will barely move and it smells like something burning.

Have your verified oil pressure yet?

The 700 engine is bad about clogging the pump pickup and not building pressure.

You could possibly have 2 issues at hand

N

nballard03

Jul 27, 2024
Mansfield GA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have considered it. If I’m not mistaken to to check the pick up tube I still have to pull the engine, I think. Figured that may have caused the clutches to go out. But judging by the burnt smell I’m still going to have to replace them. Or at least inspect them. But I need to know where to get the parts. Right now I’m just trying to price worst case scenario. I’ll diagnose it when I get it taken apart. Still need an answer to my original question: Does anyone know where I can just get a whole kit. With clutch discs, gaskets, etc.?

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have considered it. If I’m not mistaken to to check the pick up tube I still have to pull the engine, I think. Figured that may have caused the clutches to go out. But judging by the burnt smell I’m still going to have to replace them. Or at least inspect them. But I need to know where to get the parts. Right now I’m just trying to price worst case scenario. I’ll diagnose it when I get it taken apart. Still need an answer to my original question: Does anyone know where I can just get a whole kit. With clutch discs, gaskets, etc.?
If you want a faster response, hit the “reply” button at the bottom of the question you are answering like u did on post #11 or tag like @nballard03 so they get a notice like you did. We are busy here and dont always check each thread to see if u responded.

S

Swamper2fly

Oct 27, 2023
michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Honda dealer should have what you need. What year and How many miles are on your machine and did you buy new. I have a20 23 with 5250 miles on it. I don't drive it hard.