P700 Compass

B

bmac

Apr 3, 2018
alberta,canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
hi , I’m new to the forum,but just got a pioneer 700 deluxe and am really taken with it. I will have lots of questions for everyone, but the first one that comes to mind is, does anyone know where I can get a compass to mount on my pioneer?
I’ve been playing around with atv’s forever,and have always just used a regular compass and walked far enough away from the machine until it worked.But surely someone must make a compass that works on an ATV. I put a marine compass on it,and thought that would work,but it spins around faster that the cooling fan .
Does anyone have any ideas?
Or am I going to have to go back to a GPS?
Thanks a lot

Reactions: Deluxe700
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
hi , I’m new to the forum,but just got a pioneer 700 deluxe and am really taken with it. I will have lots of questions for everyone, but the first one that comes to mind is, does anyone know where I can get a compass to mount on my pioneer?
I’ve been playing around with atv’s forever,and have always just used a regular compass and walked far enough away from the machine until it worked.But surely someone must make a compass that works on an ATV. I put a marine compass on it,and thought that would work,but it spins around faster that the cooling fan .
Does anyone have any ideas?
Or am I going to have to go back to a GPS?
Thanks a lot
You can do a compass, I’d go On Amazon and find one for a car. That might be your best bet. Other than that, a good gps unit will have one in it plus you can load your trail maps on to it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on your newly acquired toy, and welcome to our club from Cleveland!
There was a member @ofrcboy that was looking into a compass as well.
Hopefully he can chime in with his research and route he took to get one.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the forum.....
GPS or a smart phone app is best' I think.
I use this app for heading and elevation....And for tracking..

IMG 4335 IMG 4336

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Central Arkansas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry I didn’t notice you were a new member. Welcome from the Great Lakes State!

P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
If it’s helpful, I use onX Hunt for iOS. It has the footprints tracker but what I really like it shows property lines and ownership names. I always try to be aware where I am and not disrespect property owners so this app fits the bill for me.

Welcome to the club!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!