P500 Confused on oil changes

R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
Do you change oil every 600 miles or every 1200 miles?......at 600 miles mine is still looking clean.

Last edited:
R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
What are the maintenance intervals for? Why intervals 1 and 2?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
First service at 100 miles is important due to everything being broken in at that point. Rings and gears can produce some shavings and such during the seating process and you don't want that staying in there. Every 600 is like the every 3000 for a car, some engineer must have determined that this was when the oil viscosity started breaking down or something. I went with synthetic on my second service and am sure that I'll be draining out perfectly fine oil but better safe than sorry. The filter is more important than the oil at these intervals really.

R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
O.K. I called the Dealer.....yes he said change oil every 600 miles.....the difference between intervals 1 and 2 is the maintenance....Thanks for yer help.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!