Custom door for extra arm room.

E

Eagle Talon

Apr 21, 2024
Washington State
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hello, I am interested in getting on Talon, but I have a huge problem. I am a big Brudda and have very wide shoulders. When I’m sitting in a talon my left arm hangs out of the vehicle. There’s no space for my arm in between my body and the inside of the door. Does anyone know of a fabricator or doors that are already being made that bump out some to give more room? Thank you

Reactions: toddvdh and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hello, I am interested in getting on Talon, but I have a huge problem. I am a big Brudda and have very wide shoulders. When I’m sitting in a talon my left arm hangs out of the vehicle. There’s no space for my arm in between my body and the inside of the door. Does anyone know of a fabricator or doors that are already being made that bump out some to give more room? Thank you
Get a P1K5 trail. You will have more room.
I wouldn't fabricate that on a brand new machine but its up to you.

Welcome BTW.
Got to fix the PNW in your Avitar for state.
We like to know what STATE your from, not large vast of the US. It will help u with group rides and buying things form others😉

E

Eagle Talon

Apr 21, 2024
Washington State
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Get a P1K5 trail. You will have more room.
I wouldn't fabricate that on a brand new machine but its up to you.

Welcome BTW.
Got to fix the PNW in your Avitar for state.
We like to know what STATE your from, not large vast of the US. It will help u with group rides and buying things form others😉
Thank you for the suggestion! I need more travel though lol ;).

I was thinking a door to replace the original so I could swap it without modifying the original door or vehicle its self. I haven't taken an in-depth look at what that would require. Just thinking lol.

Updated location. 👍

Reactions: CID and Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What kind of travel are u talking about?
What kind of riding do you do?
You can make a P1 do just about anything. Weve Done a thing or two on here😎
Have u searched suspension, portals and stuff up top?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL

I was thinking a door to replace the original so I could swap it without modifying the original door or vehicle its self. I haven't taken an in-depth look at what that would require. Just thinking lol.

Updated location. 👍
You could buy the aluminum Honda doors and take them to a fab shop and possibly alter them to your needs. Not sure of a different door avenue besides that….

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Suspension travel.

Dunes and trails most likely. Aggressive driving style.

Really!? Ok I'll do some research in that direction.
Some friendly forum etiquette, make sure you hit the “reply” tab when responding to a post (see above) so that person gets a message like you did. Otherwise they may not know you responded.

Dunes and trails! A P1 will be good. I have a P1 and a Talon. My P1 is set up as close to a trail rig as you can get with room for more. There are some on here even better.
Check out some of the members builds including mine in my sig to see.

E

Eagle Talon

Apr 21, 2024
Washington State
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Some friendly forum etiquette, make sure you hit the “reply” tab when responding to a post (see above) so that person gets a message like you did. Otherwise they may not know you responded.

Dunes and trails! A P1 will be good. I have a P1 and a Talon. My P1 is set up as close to a trail rig as you can get with room for more. There are some on here even better.
Check out some of the members builds including mine in my sig to see.
Ah I got confused by the other reply button haha. Thank you for the guidance.

I’m going to look into the P1 now that it’s on my radar.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It’s not a Honda but could do something custom like this on either.

I have both machines. The pioneer has way more room inside. But I love my talon also.

advertisement
E

Eagle Talon

Apr 21, 2024
Washington State
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Any fabricator worth his beans could make you a wider door, might even make it look good too. As a retired dirt biker, the Talon scratches all my itches. 😍
x.gif
All right, I’m gonna have to start looking for someone to fab this. I used to wrench for some desert teams and got a chance to drive a couple of class 7 trucks. I can tell the Talon is going to have a similar feel.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
All right, I’m gonna have to start looking for someone to fab this. I used to wrench for some desert teams and got a chance to drive a couple of class 7 trucks. I can tell the Talon is going to have a similar feel.
I was giving enthusiastic Talon rides to friends, one came back and said - "That's probably as close as I'll ever come to a ride in a rally car."

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!