Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
My wife doesn't like blood and guts movies but last night she, my younger daughter and I FINALLY watched Saving Private Ryan. Such a good movie. Extremely graphic but great. My grandpa was a rifleman in WWII during the Army invasion of Saipan and this movie closely portrays the limited details he shared with me years ago while sitting on his porch. He'd start telling me stories and then just stop in the middle at a troublesome memory and that was all he was going to say. I've never been in that situation to relate to but watching Saving Private Ryan let me see exactly what he went through.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've always reminded my girls that you never see anyone leaving the US to live in Russia or North Korea. Everyone wants to come here! Listen to the Real Dictators podcast and you'll see why that is. Stalin, Lenin, Hitler...they were all mass murderers! Hitler alone has 25 episodes of the podcast!

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
These are great vidgeas.
Kids today have no idea. They cant even grasp what it took as a country to defeat the axis powers. God bless the men and women who served home and abroad during that time.

Kids are told to Call Trump Hitler! They have no clue that Radical Left is more closer to that than Him cuz they are not educated in screwools on WWII to know what it is really about

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk
2 of my Grandparents (Grandfather on one side and Grandmother on another side) worked at the Ford Willow run plant here in Michigan that made the famous B-24 Liberator in WWII

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 of my Grandparents (Grandfather on one side and Grandmother on another side) worked at the Ford Willow run plant here in Michigan that made the famous B-24 Liberator in WWII
Thank you for sharing this

I'll try to find this info....
Women were some of the best stick weldors in naval ship yards during WWII due to their attention to detail for long hours.

And they were preferred for some specialized brazing techniques in the WWII aircraft industry.

From the Apollo days onward, they use older ladies who sew the multi layer custom space suit gloves and parachutes. Again, for their attention to detail and uniformity in stitching and they knew the consequences of poor quality work results.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you for sharing this

I'll try to find this info....
Women were some of the best stick weldors in naval ship yards during WWII due to their attention to detail for long hours.

And they were preferred for some specialized brazing techniques in the WWII aircraft industry.

From the Apollo days onward, they use older ladies who sew the multi layer custom space suit gloves and parachutes. Again, for their attention to detail and uniformity in stitching and they knew the consequences of poor quality work results.

My grandmother (Dads side) was a riveter. My Grandfather (moms side) was a machinist. He and his sister (riveter) came up here from Kentucky to work for Ford Motor knowing Henry Ford was paying $5 a day.said it was better than the pay in the coal mines at the time. He was 18-19 then. Left my mom, her sister (infants at the time) and granny in KY, and would visit them once a month on a 3 day shift leave. He later moved them up here in 45’ and lived the rest of there lives. He also opened a very famous hardware store to this day in Ann Arbor Mi . He was in training at Willow run making planes for the Africa cops and in Great Britain when the japs bombed Pearl Harbor, wanting to go sign up he was told to stay cuz his mechanics was too valuable for the aircraft being made. So he was there the remainder of the war.

Last edited:
advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Screenshot 20240810 210041 Gallery