Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You sure the 10A light relay fuse is good. Switch it with another just to be sure.
And has power?
Ok Boss! I get 2 days off without pay! 😂 As a so called master generator tech Im embarrassed.The 10a fuse was bad🤦‍♂️I was using a test light and should have used my meeter. All i can blame it on is just too many things going on at work and my life things (nothing bad) at the moment and just simple things I should know was in front of me and I was in a fog!

Thank you so much for being patient with me and my second brain. Goes to show that even seasoned P1 guys can have a twisted electrical brain fart 😂
Use a meeter, dont 100% trust a test light and physically pull fuses! Haha

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The BI/Br off the 10A light relay fuse controls the switch and the meter MAIN line.
You can see it pulls power from the 15A ACC fuse. Does your CIG scoket have power?
The BI/R line on the ACC fuse comes from the key switch.

View attachment 376773
Yup that makes perfect since. I see how that is routed and works. If I hadn't pulled the fuse Id be traicing wites right now! Haha I knew it was something simple. I even tell my techs, 100% check the easy stuff first cuz if u dont youll be pissed when u do all the other work and it is and u would have been done and miller time ! Haha

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What a waste of my past hour...
hahaha. J/K.. LOL...
Glad it wasn't a hidden short, but we almost had it boxed in if it was. lol.
Glad I could help.
Yeah I was in that thought of a hidden short myself thinking, “what in the world did i do when I was in my switches to do that?” Haha
Although i think i touched something with my key on power Illumination switch wire to my switch panel and popped it. This is another good example of that auxbeam or homemade switch panel thread! Haha

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yup that makes perfect since. I see how that is routed and works. If I hadn't pulled the fuse Id be traicing wites right now! Haha I knew it was something simple. I even tell my techs, 100% check the easy stuff first cuz if u dont youll be pissed when u do all the other work and it is and u would have been done and miller time ! Haha
I got you beat, our tankless water heater quit working, my son and I had taken it down off the wall to give it a through cleaning and trouble shoot. My wife comes out into the garage and says, the gas cook stove is acting weird, we were out of propane. Thought I had ordered a tank top off 3 months earlier. DUGH!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I got you beat, our tankless water heater quit working, my son and I had taken it down off the wall to give it a through cleaning and trouble shoot. My wife comes out into the garage and says, the gas cook stove is acting weird, we were out of propane. Thought I had ordered a tank top off 3 months earlier. DUGH!
Oh $hit! Thats the worse! I did that kinda with a gas meeter screen frozen over once. Changed the gas valve and everything :rolleyes: 😂

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok Boss! I get 2 days off without pay! 😂 As a so called master generator tech Im embarrassed.The 10a fuse was bad🤦‍♂️I was using a test light and should have used my meeter. All i can blame it on is just too many things going on at work and my life things (nothing bad) at the moment and just simple things I should know was in front of me and I was in a fog!

Thank you so much for being patient with me and my second brain. Goes to show that even seasoned P1 guys can have a twisted electrical brain fart 😂
Use a meeter, dont 100% trust a test light and physically pull fuses! Haha
View attachment 376775
Isn't that what l said 2 days ago? I'm just giving you s***, but my go to is a good old test light. It'll glow good on 12v, even better on 24v. But it won't lie like a lot of the newer test lights will.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Isn't that what l said 2 days ago? I'm just giving you s***, but my go to is a good old test light. It'll glow good on 12v, even better on 24v. But it won't lie like a lot of the newer test lights will.
Heha yes u did in a roundabout way. Yeah test lights are a great pice to diag stuff. But fuses they can throw u for a loop for sure at times. I do keep one in one of my pack outs. Can b quite handy on trail.
All good about givin me $hit i need that every know and then🤣

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The BI/Br off the 10A light relay fuse controls the switch and the meter MAIN line.
You can see it pulls power from the 15A ACC fuse. Does your CIG scoket have power?
The BI/R line on the ACC fuse comes from the key switch.

View attachment 376773

Last night as we pulled in the driveway the headlights and dash went out. Yes it's the light relay fuse new one popped also.
New fuse works till I cut head lights on then it pops. Being I have your after market high beam kit I unplugged it 100% didn't even plug it in normal tried again and it popped. Should I swap a relay and check next or you thinking headlight switch? Thanks for any help. Its the 4th so no real time today so no rush I do still need to read the headlight switch link you posted.

Reactions: Smitty335
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CIG works. As soon as I turn on the switch it pops so not sure how I could test. Based off your diagram it has to be the Bl/Br wire that’s popping it.
IMG 2840

Reactions: Smitty335
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
10amp light relay fuse popping ((Fix))
OK, I got it fixed took both Blue Relays off tapped them on each other a few times. With both out it won't crank added one to the passenger side cranked but no headlights added the other to the passenger and it worked. So I'm 99% sure the relay was sticking. If it happens again I'll replace the blue relay.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!