EFX Motoclaws - review

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
So if you want tires that are the same size as the stock tires and rims, you won't have much to chose from. We ride in rocky/muddy terrain in WV, KY, and TN. The EFX Motoclaws were one of the tires made in the stock size and they had good ratings and are 8 ply. The drawback? The price. My stock tires had 3 sidewall punctures and I had a trip to go on in a week, so I bought the MotoClaws. Short review. They are great. They have great traction and seem a heck of a lot tougher than the stock tires, or the BigHorns I have ran on RZR's. I got what I paid for. I run my tires with 9 Lbs. and they went up any hill I chose. It was wet, rainy and nasty on Tuesday. But I never felt a loss of traction or the tires spinning up a big hill. We rode about 200 miles in the couple of days we were there. So all is good with these tires. We rode at Hatfield McCoy trails and we rode all of Buffalo Mountain, all of Devils Anse, and the 41-42 loop on Rockhouse. We also rode 23 miles of the outlaw trails off of Sulfur creek Rd. in Matewan. For those of you who don't ride the HMT system, I know this doesn't mean anything. But I know a lot of folks do ride the HMT trails and they will know the trails.

IMG 1271 IMG 1269

FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
So if you want tires that are the same size as the stock tires and rims, you won't have much to chose from. We ride in rocky/muddy terrain in WV, KY, and TN. The EFX Motoclaws were one of the tires made in the stock size and they had good ratings and are 8 ply. The drawback? The price. My stock tires had 3 sidewall punctures and I had a trip to go on in a week, so I bought the MotoClaws. Short review. They are great. They have great traction and seem a heck of a lot tougher than the stock tires, or the BigHorns I have ran on RZR's. I got what I paid for. I run my tires with 9 Lbs. and they went up any hill I chose. It was wet, rainy and nasty on Tuesday. But I never felt a loss of traction or the tires spinning up a big hill. We rode about 200 miles in the couple of days we were there. So all is good with these tires. We rode at Hatfield McCoy trails and we rode all of Buffalo Mountain, all of Devils Anse, and the 41-42 loop on Rockhouse. We also rode 23 miles of the outlaw trails off of Sulfur creek Rd. in Matewan. For those of you who don't ride the HMT system, I know this doesn't mean anything. But I know a lot of folks do ride the HMT trails and they will know the trails.

View attachment 227830 View attachment 227831

How do they measure compared to the stock tires? Any taller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
FOOTS

FOOTS

Jan 30, 2020
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have been looking at these tires for my x4. I ran a set of bf Goodrich all terrains at mayhem on the mountain, big mistake. Your review solidified my choice. Thank you!

I’m also considering them for my x4. Had them on a RZR and loved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been looking at these tires for my x4. I ran a set of bf Goodrich all terrains at mayhem on the mountain, big mistake. Your review solidified my choice. Thank you!
What did u not like about the BFG’s,are they K3’s?

Reactions: Isaiah
Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Ditch rider
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
They did great in the rocks and I had awesome ground clearance. The slick mud we encountered from the rain was a real problem. The tires wouldn’t clean out and grab traction. No they are not k3’s. I will be ready for the next mayhem with a set of motoclaws.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They did great in the rocks and I had awesome ground clearance. The slick mud we encountered from the rain was a real problem. The tires wouldn’t clean out and grab traction. No they are not k3’s. I will be ready for the next mayhem with a set of motoclaws.
Ok thanks,I’m out here in the desert,not much mud but I need a tire w tough sidewalls and the k3s have good reviews w the desert racers.

Reactions: Blownzuki
advertisement