sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As I am anxiously awaiting the information release on the 2017 models and I am reading here, I have a couple of questions:

1. With skid plates and heat shields, are we concerned with not allowing enough heat off the engine/transmission? I would think the engineers have planned for heat escape from the bottom and up through the cab.

2. Winch location? I would think you would want it as low as you could mount it to get out of mud, holes, etc. Thoughts?

Thanks guys.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
At a long low speed ride heat will build up over the engine especially the header pipes. Its worse with a windshield. I added a 12 volt fan for those rides and its an easy install on the Pioneer 1000.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Engine is water cooled why would it need air to keep it cool?

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

This is what I tend to agree with. Keep the radiator clean and not obstructed and the engine should stay at operating temp.

When adding a windshield and skid plate, you may increase heat in the cab because it can't blow away as easy but the radiator will keep the motor at optimal temp.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: Bayouownbeer
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
At a long low speed ride heat will build up over the engine especially the header pipes. Its worse with a windshield. I added a 12 volt fan for those rides and its an easy install on the Pioneer 1000.
I too was thinking of adding a fan for cooling the engine bay. Would you happen to have any info on what you used. Any pics ? Thanks

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
even thiugh the engine is liquid cooled it is still a good idea to keep it from getting too hot. Also it helps keep the cab cooler on the hot days. I have noticed a lot of steam comes up from behind the seat from splashing water sometimes. Would think a fan of some sort would help push the steam back to the bed area.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too was thinking of adding a fan for cooling the engine bay. Would you happen to have any info on what you used. Any pics ? Thanks
Am currently looking into this issue. Have my rig at the dealers for 100 mile service and they are looking at best place to install an engine bay bilge fan like in boat engines where the heat and fumes need to be blown out. Have purchased two bilge fans on Amazon for this purpose. Will be posting once we come up with solutions.

Reactions: Andrew
Pbuck

Pbuck

Apr 1, 2016
Melbourne Fl
The heat in the cab is ridiculous on dry hot rides. I have a quarter windshield and I feel like I'm cooking my son who rides shotgun with me. Once you've ridden for 30 minutes or more the plastics all around the front seat get hot.

This is the best I could come up with for now. Works ok. Cools the bike off quicker when you stop for a few minutes
The only thing I think I need to do is put a shield over the top of the discharge side of the fan to blow it downward

Image Image Image

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!