P1000 EPS not working in 4wd

Cottonball

Cottonball

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2023
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 P1000 EPS. I’ve looked through old threads and googled my heart out. Changed batteries, added all my accessories to a battery disconnect switch, and still my EPS does not work when I shift into 4WD. Light comes on as soon as I start driving in 4wd but goes off if I shift back to 2wd. Besides changing the whole EPS system I’ve run out of ideas. Anyone had this problem before?

Reactions: JenElio and TxDoc
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
What DTC are you getting for the EPS? If the light comes on there should be a code. Code 15-02 sounds similar to your problem (4wd indicator switch). Do you have a service manual? If not consider becoming a supporting member of the site and you can download one for free.

Cottonball

Cottonball

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2023
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What DTC are you getting for the EPS? If the light comes on there should be a code. Code 15-02 sounds similar to your problem (4wd indicator switch). Do you have a service manual? If not consider becoming a supporting member of the site and you can download one for free.
The only light that pops up is the EPS trouble light. Not sure about any other codes as I don’t have a way to read them. I have a service manual I’m pretty sure already. The 4wd does actually work I just can’t use power steering at the same time

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The only light that pops up is the EPS trouble light. Not sure about any other codes as I don’t have a way to read them. I have a service manual I’m pretty sure already. The 4wd does actually work I just can’t use power steering at the same time
If the EPS light comes on a trouble code will be set, the service manual will have instructions on how to read them, a scanner is not required like it would be on your car/truck

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Codes
Power steering codes start on page 24-11 of the Service Manual.
How to pull codes if you have none flashing.
In the Service Manual, page 4-8.
Have a good day

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!