BOX1

P700 Fan vs. insulation under front seat

tculbertson13

tculbertson13

Nov 14, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wanting to add insulation or a fan under my seat to eliminate heat. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've been searching and can't seem to find any fan installs.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I havent done the fan, but now that I have added insulation and keep half the windshield out during summer rides I cant say I even notice the heat any longer. Still there but not anything like it was and definitely no worse than any SxS or ATV I've had in past.

Here's what I added under the seat along with what it looks like after a week installed. I have 2 layers and left the brown backing. If I need to remove and do it again, I will remove backing and stick 2 pieces together before cutting. This pic only shows 1 layer. I added the 2nd later.

20200722 115347

S

StrykerFox

Jul 10, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I use this stuff under my seat. It's a cheap fix that definitely helps with the heat (and maybe the noise a tiny bit).

I probably didn't need to run it quite so far up the back, but it works.

Rickg83

Rickg83

Nov 5, 2019
Rock Hill, SC
Ownership

1. 700-4
@tculbertson13 I installed the insulation, Not as good as well as the guys above as I didn’t want it visible, and it didn’t really keep my backside from sweating in the SC heat so I installed a 3” bilge fan. Works well and low draw from the battery. The insulation wasn’t a waste, keeps the noise down to almost nothing

2AAAC75F 0CC6 4C05 AAC0 263BD5C422A2 5B9637FB 5D5D 47EE B80D F3E07F9D979A

S

StrykerFox

Jul 10, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
@tculbertson13 I installed the insulation, Not as good as well as the guys above as I didn’t want it visible, and it didn’t really keep my backside from sweating in the SC heat so I installed a 3” bilge fan. Works well and low draw from the battery. The insulation wasn’t a waste, keeps the noise down to almost nothing

View attachment 221885 View attachment 221886
Very interesting. I may look into doing something similar. Thanks for the pictures.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Very interesting. I may look into doing something similar. Thanks for the pictures.
Been there done that, even insulated the rear floor boards, save your time and money, just hang a 9 inch fan under the passenger side seat blowing across the headers, really simple and you have heat in the winter? Thanks @JTW !

J

JTW

Been there done that, even insulated the rear floor boards, save your time and money, just hang a 9 inch fan under the passenger side seat blowing across the headers, really simple and you have heat in the winter? Thanks @JTW !
I think I stole it from @CumminsPusher

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Rickg83

Rickg83

Nov 5, 2019
Rock Hill, SC
Ownership

1. 700-4
@rukstr That’s what I used. I got all of from amazon: 3” bilge fan, led light bar wiring harness, cooling fans rocker switch, galv. Hanging iron, and a couple zip ties and you’re good to go.

tculbertson13

tculbertson13

Nov 14, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Rickg83 I've read that bilge fans are loud. Do you notice any sound difference with your setup?

Rickg83

Rickg83

Nov 5, 2019
Rock Hill, SC
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Rickg83 I've read that bilge fans are loud. Do you notice any sound difference with your setup?

With any cooling fan there is some noise but it isn’t bad. If you have ever owned a Honda ATV and heard the fan kick on, kinda like that but not as loud, I’d say 30-40% of that noise level

Rickg83

Rickg83

Nov 5, 2019
Rock Hill, SC
Ownership

1. 700-4
With any cooling fan there is some noise but it isn’t bad. If you have ever owned a Honda ATV and heard the fan kick on, kinda like that but not as loud, I’d say 30-40% of that noise level

I don’t know how to post a video here, but happy to email you one

M

Medic828

Sep 7, 2020
Central Ky.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually had a question I was going to post on this subject and looks like this thread might be appropriate for it.. Has anyone tried installing a fan in the panel below the seat on a reversible switch so in the summer months it will blow air from the cab into motor bay and in the winter you could reverse airflow with the switch and blow warm air from motor compartment into the cab area for heat?

J

JTW

I actually had a question I was going to post on this subject and looks like this thread might be appropriate for it.. Has anyone tried installing a fan in the panel below the seat on a reversible switch so in the summer months it will blow air from the cab into motor bay and in the winter you could reverse airflow with the switch and blow warm air from motor compartment into the cab area for heat?
Jesus Christ... what are you from Ky or something? lol..

yes.. it’s been done. Not really needed. It gets warm without it blowing in

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!