Fatal SXS accident

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
There was a fatal accident in my home town on Saturday afternoon that took the life of a 64 year old woman. Her and her husband got in a bad situation on a very steep hill in a arctic cat prowler 1000. As the husband was trying to get the front end pointed down hill with the wife in the drivers seat things went bad to worse and the prowler started tumbling end over end with her inside still. Machine ended up upside down in a ditch. We could see the whole event from our home with binoculars. When life flight landed at the top of the mountain we knew things were bad.

The whole reason I am posting is to tell everyone to be very careful out there. The activities we all love to do so much can be fatal and things can change so quickly. Everyone enjoy the great outdoors and be careful out there.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You just never know when things can turn to bad.
God bless that family. Its sad news to hear.

This weekend we had some "oh crap" moments and none of use had on a helmet.
There is no bailing in a SxS. You are committed for the full ride.

Stay safe starts by thinking safe!
We all need to do a better job at that.

Helmet idiot 1

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You just never know when things can turn to bad.
This weekend we had some "oh crap" moments and none of use had on a helmet.
There is no bailing in a SxS. You are committed for the full ride.

Stay safe starts by thinking safe!
We all need to do a better job at that.

View attachment 6715

Some riders in the group had helmets on just for clarification. MOST did not.

Reactions: lee and Hondasxs
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had one crash on my my motorcycle that had I been wearing the skullcap other riders wear I probably would not be functional mentally right now. The helmet had severe damage to all sides(I rolled for a while luckily I was wearing full leathers) It took a while to not hurt but the damage it took instead of my head. I would never ride a motorcycle without one.

I don't ride crazy in my Pioneer to expensive and I'm not as young as I used to be things hurt much longer these days. Still it makes me wonder if I shouldn't get some.

Reactions: dotman1
GBOUT

GBOUT

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2015
Mid TN
This is sad......... Prayers for the Family......... The wife and I bought helmets before the Windrock ride last spring but didn't wear them......... No excuse for not wearing them really........ When it's too late, it's too late.............

Reactions: bobbyhill
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last year a couple of young women in a SXS were driving too fast down a dirt road near us and failed to make the curve and ran into a tree. Killed one young mother who had two children under 8 years old. They had been drinking and were not wearing seat belts.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for the loss of life.

What classification/testing requirement do you look for when purchasing?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!