P1000 Finally picked it up! Pioneer 1000 UTV/SXS!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sorry everyone, I been holding back a few day as my schedule has been jacked. Haven't had much time past week due to work and few other things....

Anyways.... I'm excited to announce I picked up a Honda Pioneer 1000 on Tuesday! I haven't had time to get it out much yet. Seems someone from above doesn't want me on it because its always raining on my day off!:(

All I can say right now is WOW. I am speechless and well over impressed. Honda nailed it for sure. Plenty of power and a solid power-train. Like others have said, the motor is quit and the loudest part is the rear gear and the clunk from the solenoid sifters. Only had about a hour playing with it so far.

The sport mode is really nice and pushes the shift points to almost a smooth feel. If it was not for the loud clutches engaging and releasing you would not even know it was a gear shift. Taking it out of sport you can feel it shift. There was a noticeable difference in both High and Low. Yes, Sport mode in low too. Now manual is just that... MANUAL. No sport, no Auto. You can run it out at full RPM's in M or slow it down by dropping a gear or 2. In auto you can manually tell it to shift if you wish and once it catches up it will take back over both up and down.

I still need to get some more seat time to be able to answer so of the questions I have seen this week.
Will be trying to do a 700 vs 1000 photo compassion this weekend.

So.. What questions do you have? Ask away. I have a few things I want to bring up this weekend.

Here is a few HDR images I took and composted. I have a bunch more I will be posting here in a few.
IMG 6291 2 3 tonemapped Copy

IMG 6131 2 3 tonemapped Copy IMG 6146 7 8 tonemapped Copy IMG 6125 6 7 tonemapped Copy IMG 6137 8 9 tonemapped Copy

Last edited:
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry everyone, I been holding back a few day as my schedule has been jacked. Haven't had much time past week due to work and few other things....

Anyways.... I'm excited to announce I picked up a Honda Pioneer 1000 on Tuesday! I haven't had time to get it out much yet. Seems someone from above doesn't want me on it because its always raining on my day off!:(

All I can say right now is WOW. I am speechless and well over impressed. Honda nailed it for sure. Plenty of power and a solid power-train. Like others have said, the motor is quit and the loudest part is the rear gear and the clunk from the solenoid sifters. Only had about a hour playing with it so far.

The sport mode is really nice and pushes the shift points to almost a smooth feel. If it was not for the loud clutches engaging and releasing you would not even know it was a gear shift. Taking it out of sport you can feel it shift. There was a noticeable difference in both High and Low. Yes, Sport mode in low too. Now manual is just that... MANUAL. No sport, no Auto. You can run it out at full RPM's in M or slow it down by dropping a gear or 2. In auto you can manually tell it to shift if you wish and once it catches up it will take back over both up and down.

I still need to get some more seat time to be able to answer so of the questions I have seen this week.

So.. What questions do you have? Ask away. I have a few things I want to bring up this weekend.

Here is a few HDR images I took and composted. I have a bunch more I will be posting here in a few.
View attachment 7365
View attachment 7360 View attachment 7361 View attachment 7362 View attachment 7363

I would love to see the comparison photos. Before mine came in, I had sat in the back of the 700 and thought it just a bit tight. Not so in the 1000. Feels like plenty of room in all directions. I'm really glad I got the 5 instead of the 3 especially after getting the bed liner to put in. Great that you finally have yours, some folks are just way better at describing and writing about them.

J

jay dawge

Oct 6, 2015
Dang HDR photos really pop, do you have camera that does the hdr, or are you using software to do it?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Dang HDR photos really pop, do you have camera that does the hdr, or are you using software to do it?
Both. I use camera to take them then software to compose them.
This was from a DLSR but some phones do a fairly good job.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 7365
View attachment 7360 View attachment 7361 View attachment 7362 View attachment 7363
Nice now for the everything I can put on it part lol

Reactions: CharlieNJoy
CharlieNJoy

CharlieNJoy

Nov 5, 2015
Nice now for the everything I can put on it part lol
We got ours a week ago, and we have already shelled out more dough for the full hard roof and the two piece windshield. We are thinking of naming her B.O.A.T. We have a Terra 45 SuperWinch to put in it, but I cannot see spending more on the winch mount than the winch cost, so we may have to wait until KFI gets thier mount out before we can install it. :/
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy yours as much as we love ours. After 3 straight days of rain, we got it a little sideways in the Carolina clay this afternoon. It might look even better dirty!!

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
Wareham, MA (near cape cod)
CharlyNjoy, I guess you didn't see my earlier post on winch mounting. I put a front reciever on, and ran the winch cables fore and aft to quick connectors , built a mount to drop the winch over the trailer ball, and for short bucks I can pull from either end. The mount is just a piece of 3/16 plate that I had in the scrap pile.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
You guys are making me wish i would have waited a year to pick up my zero turn mower.

CharlieNJoy

CharlieNJoy

Nov 5, 2015
CharlyNjoy, I guess you didn't see my earlier post on winch mounting. I put a front reciever on, and ran the winch cables fore and aft to quick connectors , built a mount to drop the winch over the trailer ball, and for short bucks I can pull from either end. The mount is just a piece of 3/16 plate that I had in the scrap pile.
We just got our new winch mount from KFI today. Huge difference in price from $300 from Honda to the $56 to KFI. Will be mounting our Superwinch Terra 45 this weekend!!

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We just got our new winch mount from KFI today. Huge difference in price from $300 from Honda to the $56 to KFI. Will be mounting our Superwinch Terra 45 this weekend!!

Honda finally got the winch and winch mount installed yesterday. I'll get more pictures later, but it sounds like the KFI route is the way to go. I definitely spent more money than I should have on this setup. Oh well, it will be sweet to take the family out. Got a couple new picture of the machine with winch and all weather package installed. Still need to get the Trail Armor Skid plates, LED lights, spare tire / fuel setup (maybe on a rear bumper hinge like the jeeps have).

IMG 1109 IMG 1110 IMG 1117 IMG 1118 IMG 1119

Reactions: JACKAL
B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
Honda finally got the winch and winch mount installed yesterday. I'll get more pictures later, but it sounds like the KFI route is the way to go. I definitely spent more money than I should have on this setup. Oh well, it will be sweet to take the family out. Got a couple new picture of the machine with winch and all weather package installed. Still need to get the Trail Armor Skid plates, LED lights, spare tire / fuel setup (maybe on a rear bumper hinge like the jeeps have).

View attachment 8081 View attachment 8082 View attachment 8083 View attachment 8084 View attachment 8085
Did you purchase the all weather package as I have seen it listed and includes the hard rear panel which when looking at the accessories is the mid panel with the sliding window. I don't see that on yours so was just curious if it's a print error, you chose not to get it or the dealer didn't give it to you?

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you purchase the all weather package as I have seen it listed and includes the hard rear panel which when looking at the accessories is the mid panel with the sliding window. I don't see that on yours so was just curious if it's a print error, you chose not to get it or the dealer didn't give it to you?

I purchase the All Weather Package. When they originally came out with the details of their packages it says hard rear panel, so I thought I was getting a fully enclosed front cab. Turns out they must have updated the sheet since I had originally seen it back in August, and they didn't give me the hard mid panel. I was a little pissed off about that. 3P is hard rear panel. 5P is soft rear panel (with no mid panel). Let me know if they give you the hard mid panel. That is what I was expecting for the cost of the package. I think Honda pulled a fast one, and just didn't want to include it, but who knows.

Before I buy the hard mid panel, I want to see how warm I can keep the whole full cab, and I want to see how a double gun boot will mount to the head rests. I am thinking that the hard mid panel may interfere with the dual gun boot mounts so I may not buy it in either case. Might go with the soft mid panel if I notice a bunch of dust makes it into the front cab.

Yes, I was disappointed when I went into the dealer and they didn't have the mid panel installed. I still think they should have included it, but I got tired of arguing with them.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana

View attachment 8081 View attachment 8082 View attachment 8083 View attachment 8084 View attachment 8085
All weather package includes fabric rear panel. I have the literature in front of me. Sorry.
It says nothing about a mid panel.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All weather package includes fabric rear panel. I have the literature in front of me. Sorry.
It says nothing about a mid panel.

This is what the package stated when I ordered in August. If it didn't come with a rear or mid hard panel, they shouldn't have mentioned it on the ad.

B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
This is what the package stated when I ordered in August. If it didn't come with a rear or mid hard panel, they shouldn't have mentioned it on the ad.

View attachment 8088
That's what I have seen also (hard panel included) so as i wait for my camo to come i have been thinking but haven't ordered accessories yet. If you price the accessories out separately there is about a 10% saving when you purchase the all weather package which I thought was Honda's encouragemet, then the dealer was going to give me another discount on parts/accessories. If that's not the case I will most likely not be in a rush until I see more comments on the how everything fits and works.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!