Fresh air helmet setup ideal for 4 passengers in talon X4.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I see they have a 4 person air pump option with fan controller. Is the 2 separate air pumps better? Also anybody have any experience with the Cardo Pak talk bold intercom system?

Reactions: Buggyman
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I see they have a 4 person air pump option with fan controller. Is the 2 separate air pumps better? Also anybody have any experience with the Cardo Pak talk bold intercom system?

2 separate pumpers would be better IMO. First, there is more flow to each helmet with a dual air pump vs quad air pump and secondly, if nobody is using the rear pumper it won't have to be on and wasting battery power.

Reactions: Smitty335
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Also anybody have any experience with the Cardo Pak talk bold intercom system?

@Lil_Steve comments?

Yes, been using it for a few years now between myself (in my Talon) and my riding buddy on his dual sport bike. We also use them when we're both on bikes, either street or dirt. They work very well for our purposes, but we normally ride within a half a mile of each other. The units wont always reach that far, especially if we don't have line of sight. Way out in the open, they can reach further with no obstructions. Car to car, they aren't going to work nearly as good as a dedicated radio type of communication, of course, but you will be able to communicate over short distances.

Between rider and passenger, they're great because you don't have to yell to communicate over the engine noise. I also pair it to my phone so I'm able to play music, take/make calls, or receive GPS prompts from my phone. Another great feature of the PackTalk Bold units is the ability to use voice commands instead of fiddling around with buttons or dials on the unit.

My situation is unique in that when I'm using my Cardo in my Talon, it's almost always with riding buddy's on bikes and/or a passenger. They've been very useful for my buddy giving me a heads up about a potential danger, whether it be a car/utv/atv/truck/bike coming around a corner, a rut, a g-out etc.

I like them and use them often mostly in scenarios like I've mentioned. But if you're intending to use them between UTV's, you'll have to be relatively close to each other (they do daisy chain to provide more distance) compared to a dedicated radio system.

Hope this helps and if there's something I haven't covered, feel free to ask.

Edit:

I forgot to add I always use earplugs while using my helmets whether my Cardo is on or not. They're loud enough to overcome the earplugs so you can still hear conversations.

Last edited:
Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thank you for that info. When you mean relatively close distance to be able to speak car to car what kind of distance? 50 yards?

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thank you for that info. When you mean relatively close distance to be able to speak car to car what kind of distance? 50 yards?

Oh, they reach much farther than that. They claim 1 mile in perfect conditions, and about .6 miles in "real life conditions". I can believe the 1 mile in the very rare instance that you are at the top/peak of a hill and your buddy is at the top of another with absolutely nothing between you. I've been in situations like that and have been surprised how far a pair of Bluetooth communicators can reach. But if you're in the woods or trails where you don't have line of sight, it's going to be anywhere from an 1/8th of a mile to a 1/4 a mile. Sometimes less, sometimes more depending on the terrain.

Another feature that I really like is that once you pair them up with other PackTalks, they remember and reconnect to each other if you lose connection for whatever reason. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to have to try and manually reconnect our communicators when I was running a Sena brand and we lost connection to each other.

Also what trail app do you use on your phone?

I use Locus Map Classic only because my riding buddy uses it and he creates/shares routes with me on it. It was a huge pain in the ass to get used to it but I'm at the mercy of his navigating skills/tools.

• Haha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!