P700 Front diff drain hole

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
Starting to change my front diff oil and the drain hole in my stock skid plate isn't under the drain plug. on mine it's more towards the passenger side. I can drill a new hole or drop the plate, but is this normal?

in the pic you can see the drain plug, but no hole

PXL 20210402 014704811

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Starting to change my front diff oil and the drain hole in my stock skid plate isn't under the drain plug. on mine it's more towards the passenger side. I can drill a new hole or drop the plate, but is this normal?

in the pic you can see the drain plug, but no hole

View attachment 264453
If you flip the skid, would it be right? Mine was on upsidedown and I had to flip it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
maybe. good idea. ill have to see. I just talked to my buddy and his is like mine.
There seems to be a rash of them. Someone on fb mentioned it, and I said they must have been built on a Friday, but was later told the dealer installs the skid plates.

Reactions: Mudwing and jmanAZ
jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
There seems to be a rash of them. Someone on fb mentioned it, and I said they must have been built on a Friday, but was later told the dealer installs the skid plates.
just to close this out that's exactly what it was. I took it off and flipped it. life is good now. Thanks @DG Rider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!