FS: 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe - 769 Miles - $16,500

R

RomanN

Jun 26, 2024
Tetonia, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I registered to post this for sale. I know folks can be weary when someone joins a forum, and their first post is to sell something.
These pictures are from a week ago when I listed the Pioneer on FB Marketplace. I am happy to take any additional photos that anyone requests.
I did take a photo with my username and mileage to hopefully lend some legitimacy to my post.

This Honda was purchased new in Rexburg, Idaho by my parents in 2017. It has always been garaged and is in perfect condition. Only 47 hours & 769 miles. No modifications have been done. Completely factory.

My parents are in their 70's and just do not use this much at all. They only live in Idaho during the summer for 4 months, and the other 8 months they are in Texas. It is located near Tetonia/Driggs/Victor Idaho.

I will be vetting any interested buyers. You may then speak to my father about the Honda if you would like.

Info from him on service:
There was at least one, maybe two oil changes done at the Honda dealership in Rexburg where it was purchased. I believe another oil change was performed by his friend Tom up here who also owns a similar model. I still need to ask him if any of the recall stuff has been addressed.

That's about it. I have had several folks reach out in the last week on FB, but I need to reach a larger audience of folks who are into these machines.

Thank you for your interest.

IMG 8350 IMG 8258 IMG 8257 IMG 8256 IMG 8255 IMG 8254 IMG 8259

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I registered to post this for sale. I know folks can be weary when someone joins a forum, and their first post is to sell something.
These pictures are from a week ago when I listed the Pioneer on FB Marketplace. I am happy to take any additional photos that anyone requests.
I did take a photo with my username and mileage to hopefully lend some legitimacy to my post.

This Honda was purchased new in Rexburg, Idaho by my parents in 2017. It has always been garaged and is in perfect condition. Only 47 hours & 769 miles. No modifications have been done. Completely factory.

My parents are in their 70's and just do not use this much at all. They only live in Idaho during the summer for 4 months, and the other 8 months they are in Texas. It is located near Tetonia/Driggs/Victor Idaho.

I will be vetting any interested buyers. You may then speak to my father about the Honda if you would like.

Info from him on service:
There was at least one, maybe two oil changes done at the Honda dealership in Rexburg where it was purchased. I believe another oil change was performed by his friend Tom up here who also owns a similar model. I still need to ask him if any of the recall stuff has been addressed.

That's about it. I have had several folks reach out in the last week on FB, but I need to reach a larger audience of folks who are into these machines.

Thank you for your interest.

View attachment 434807 View attachment 434808 View attachment 434809 View attachment 434810 View attachment 434811 View attachment 434812 View attachment 434813
@RomanN …. Just so you know….The roof, windshield and mirrors are all add on accessories. In this case they all appear to be from the Honda accessory catalog except maybe the side mirrors (which could be but I don’t specifically know either way) though. If you are listing this on Fakebook, I’d at least add those to your description.

Best of luck on your sale!

R

RomanN

Jun 26, 2024
Tetonia, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@RomanN …. Just so you know….The roof, windshield and mirrors are all add on accessories. In this case they all appear to be from the Honda accessory catalog except maybe the side mirrors (which could be but I don’t specifically know either way) though. If you are listing this on Fakebook, I’d at least add those to your description.

Best of luck on your sale!
Thank you for that clarification. You are correct. I guess I meant stock engine/suspension type stuff. None of that has been messed with in any way. Thanks!

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@RomanN this being a 17’ and low miles. Might want to check and see if it had the clutch update done. If it did it will help with your sale and price if someone will need to update it in the future The 16’-17’ had some issues there. Here is how you can check.
IMG 5175

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He has an 18’ P1 I believe
Yeah I know he had a P5 and a P1k5 but I thought he was saying he was looking again recently. The Talon still didn’t fit the extra tall gnome though. I could easily be mixing up conversations though. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Worst case he got a useless tag.

@CumminsPusher hasn’t needed any major spare parts for his latest P1K5….maybe he wants a spare machine to replace that JAY! 🤣🤣🤣

R

RomanN

Jun 26, 2024
Tetonia, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was on my way out to the garage to look at the clutch and asked him if he had done any recall work on his Honda.

Him: They don't have parts.
Me: Huh?
Him: I called before I left Austin.
Me: Confused but then... oh. No dude, not your Honda Pilot, the 4-wheeler.
Him: There are recalls on the Pioneer? Wouldn't they have called me?
Me: Ugh.

Soooo, I guess I will need to reach out to the dealership in Rexburg and get that scheduled.

Edit: @Remington thanks for the heads up. Just got off the phone. Side by side needs:
Throttle body
Throttle pedal
Steering joint.
It was purchased 08/26/2017 so I guess the clutch cover was already done. Will ask them to confirm.
Parts are now on order!

Last edited:
advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was on my way out to the garage to look at the clutch and asked him if he had done any recall work on his Honda.

Soooo, I guess I will need to reach out to the dealership in Rexburg and get that scheduled.

Edit: @Remington thanks for the heads up. Just got off the phone. Side by side needs:
Throttle body
Throttle pedal
Steering joint.
It was purchased 08/26/2017 so I guess the clutch cover was already done. Will ask them to confirm.
Parts are now on order!
They (dealer) should be able to confirm with the VIN if the clutch update was done or not but obviously Remi posted how you can confirm it yourself.

Keep in mind….The clutch update was officially a product update campaign (or something along that verbiage) and not an actual recall. So if it was not done, it will not be paid for by Honda at this point.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Throttle body
Throttle pedal
Steering joint.
Parts are now on order!
The clutch “update” was a “campaign” not a recall. The campaign is over. He would have gotten a notice in the mail about it.
The best way to know is to look at that cover. If it wasnt done, let folks know what they are up against in there pocketbook. Prob a couple $k for a dealer to do. Would hate to see you have issues with folk later.
Without me writing a book about it you can search it up top for more info.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah I know he had a P5 and a P1k5 but I thought he was saying he was looking again recently. The Talon still didn’t fit the extra tall gnome though. I could easily be mixing up conversations though. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Worst case he got a useless tag.
You are correct skipper.
For a P1 he was looking at a trail upgrade.
This one is a good deal. The clutch situation would dictate for me if I was in the market having owning a 16’ that had that issue.
Dosnt take long on the original for so called implosion lol.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s unfortunate. It will run fine but clutch life could be shortened depending on the user. Personally, I’d read up on it a bit. I’d also ask the dealer about the cost in parts and labor (separately) to get it updated. Ultimately I’d use that knowledge to disclose it in the deal conversation…if not the listing post itself (which obviously you’ve done here already).

For what’s it worth, I would not change it at this point until the clutch fails.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you @NTCPrezJB - good advice.
I just submitted a lengthy request to Honda Powersports explaining the situation and asking for a resolution. I'm sure they will say no, but we'll see.
I hate to say but good luck with that. Waist of breath, energy etc.
They are not going to do anything for you on this. Again it was a voluntary “campaign” that ended a long time ago not a “recall” very big difference. Campaigns have an end date, recalls do not.
If u look, there is a thread on here that someone had recently bought a 16’ with low miles and it wasn't done and the machine was used sparingly. Shortly there after he started to use it normally he started to have troubles. He too tried, begged and pleaded with Honda prob would have blown them if he could have😂 NoHmo. They basically said, the opportunity was mailed and notified a few times to the original owners, if they did not take action then its on them. Pretty sure you will get the same response for the most part.

Also, dont forget to tag someone like @RomanN or hit reply then trype so they get a notification like you did.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@RomanN read all about it! Everything you need to know! Even with the end date.

advertisement