Funny sound.

M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
well so the other day i fired it up and i noticed a bit of noise coming from the head. at least that is what i thought. so i shut her down and pondered a bit....
then i remembered i haven't really done a valve adjustment yet.. but haven't needed it either.

popped off the inter cooler and valve cover and this is what i found. first pic you can see what was causing my noise. second pic is the broken parts compared to good one

20210228 100631 20210228 102844

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
well so the other day i fired it up and i noticed a bit of noise coming from the head. at least that is what i thought. so i shut her down and pondered a bit....
then i remembered i haven't really done a valve adjustment yet.. but haven't needed it either.

popped off the inter cooler and valve cover and this is what i found. first pic you can see what was causing my noise. second pic is the broken parts compared to good one

View attachment 257685 View attachment 257686

Not knowing everyone's setup, are you turbo'd? Stock Jackson setup? Pounds of boost? Someone was pushing the limits but I can't remember who. 😊

Reactions: Remington
M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
pushing the limits but not huge amounts. the way it failed i cant see how boost could really have anything to do with it. snapped right at the threads. prob was a bad spot from when it was new.

1550 miles 12 lbs of boost 2nd failed part. first was my 1,3,5 clutch but that was my own fault

Reactions: TripleB and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Good point, turbo'd shouldn't have anything to do with that failure. Bouncing off the rev limiter all day could be a contributor. 👍 You're definitely having more similes per mile than my 104 HP and my lowest altitude is 7500 ft. - lower air density, lower HP numbers.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!