Grabbed a Superwinch terra 4500 for my 700-4

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
I jumped the gun and ordered a terra 4500 for my 700-4 due to be in in a few days. The reviews were great for such a low cost winch, should work fine for limited use as I expect to need it for.

Can't wait to fab either a mount or a full bumper/winch mount for it!

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
I have the same exact one on my pioneer. Fabbed my own mount and it works great. Pulled me out 3 times already. Def get a snatch block as I broke my first synthetic rope pulling myself out without one.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I loved the price point on it just not the yellow.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Westtnpioneer said:
I loved the price point on it just not the yellow.

Right there with ya, the SE45 is slick looking.
I'll pay a little extra for the front to blend together, I am going to order an aluminum hawse and snatch block to help protect the synth rope.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
chester135....What happened when the synthetic line broke? You hard a single part lead? So you're recommending using a snatch block to double up the line by making it a 2 part lead?

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Yeah broke it when I got stuck amd had no tree in front so was pulling at an angle. If you grab a 30 dollar snatch block and double back to the pioneer you double the pulling power to 9000 lbs. While decreasing you amp draw nearly in half amd half the wear amd tear on the winch motor.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
thats weird that the rope broke i have used the same amsteel rope since 2006 and its never broke i have even pulled cars with it

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I would imagine that it must have chaffed on something. This material is crazy strong, but will part if it's rubbing on anything other than the smooth fairlead outside the winch.

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
No it was the first time I used it. I was really really stuck. Broke a steel cable on a 5000 lb come along after the winch broke. Ended up taking 2 5k come alomga together to get it out

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!