Hands on review of the 2023 Pioneer 1000-6 Crew from The HondaSxS Club.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
This might be why that KRX blew up, you don't know how to read numbers....
F8BA907C CF53 406E BD52 16FB36AF7109

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Does anybody here have a P1k6 yet? I saw a red one on a trailer the other day, so maybe I'll see it around the mud park. They look so stupid with the little tires, lol.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What’s the most time anybody had on their hands with no lift?

Reactions: ChadD
H

HondaTech

This is from a 2014 TRX420 user manual on the interwebs for whatever that is worth...

View attachment 358782

View attachment 358781

The 2014 Rancher IRS was only avaliable with the Automatic transmission and was the older body style when the rest of the lineup got a the updated body style similar to what's avaliable in 2022.

The 2014 TRX420FA (IRS AUTO MODEL) also had the old display which did not include a clock.

advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The 2014 Rancher IRS was only avaliable with the Automatic transmission and was the older body style when the rest of the lineup got a the updated body style similar to what's avaliable in 2022.

The 2014 TRX420FA (IRS AUTO MODEL) also had the old display which did not include a clock.

He's actually right, see my previous comment. 😁

Hurry up and delete it before he sees it. I want him to look for that clock.
@Adam490 This Hillbilly ain't as stoopid as you think HA!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How was back seat heat? Has it been eliminated, or just reduced?
I spent nearly 10 miles in rear seat moving around every so often. I will say it was in the high 60"s mid 70's during this ride and what little heat I observed was welcomed. So the heat was nothing like the 3 or 5 seaters. I would also like to note that there has been a lot of attention towards reducing the dash heat on this machine also.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Two questions... First, have they done anything to pioneers (specifically these 1000-6's) to get that low range, at least 1st gear, any lower? And also maybe get the reverse lower? I had a 2016 and 2017 1000-5, and this was one of my complaints, low range, especially reverse, could've be much lower. I was afraid to increase the tire size, even though I wanted too.

Second, what is the improved 2x4/turf mode consist of? Back when I had mine, it was a completely open rear diff in turf mode I believe (at least thats what it felt like). And it was perfect for my needs. Lots of paved roads where we ride, so it was great for tire wear. Please say they didn't F that up and make it worse...

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

Two questions... First, have they done anything to pioneers (specifically these 1000-6's) to get that low range, at least 1st gear, any lower? And also maybe get the reverse lower? I had a 2016 and 2017 1000-5, and this was one of my complaints, low range, especially reverse, could've be much lower. I was afraid to increase the tire size, even though I wanted too.

Second, what is the improved 2x4/turf mode consist of? Back when I had mine, it was a completely open rear diff in turf mode I believe (at least thats what it felt like). And it was perfect for my needs. Lots of paved roads where we ride, so it was great for tire wear. Please say they didn't F that up and make it worse...

They made some changes to the sub trans gear in 22 but I'm not 100% whether it lowered low range or reverse.

The 6 seater still has turf mode like the base and deluxe 3/5 seaters had.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

The 22 has lower reverse, more HP & Torque and many, many more changes that make it much improved over the 16-17. You can read about all the changes in some of the posts on this forum and on the net.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so I see a bunch of talk about the revised gear ratios, making it a wider range, lower and higher both. But, does anyone actually have a list of the final gear ratio for each gear? Or better yet, a list of the ratios for all the gears for both a 22 model and what they were before? Curious how much lower that 1st gear got... I want to put 30s on it, be stopped on a steep rock climb hill, be able to push the pedal and spin all 4 tires if needed.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok, so I see a bunch of talk about the revised gear ratios, making it a wider range, lower and higher both. But, does anyone actually have a list of the final gear ratio for each gear? Or better yet, a list of the ratios for all the gears for both a 22 model and what they were before? Curious how much lower that 1st gear got... I want to put 30s on it, be stopped on a steep rock climb hill, be able to push the pedal and spin all 4 tires if needed.
I really didn't notice a difference except for reverse when I test drove it several months back. Reverse was lower than my 2020 P1k.

As for other ranges. Felt thr same as for takeoff and such. They wouldn't let us do a speed run. Oh and the parts fish are out. So feel free to dig in and report back. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lee and Smitty335
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haha, yeah I was hoping somebody else had already done it. If I have a slow day at work though I'll look it all up and let everybody know haha.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!