P1000 Hard rear panel 5P

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I'm considering the hard rear panel to stop the cold back draft in winter and to keep the interior clean(er).
Can anyone comment on how effective the rear panel is for keeping things less dusty / muddy?

I currently have tuiy bits of mud/dirt getting sucked in and making the inside of the windshield dirty.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can say that at speeds above 35 mph the mist and dust will still roll in like crazy when using the fabric rear panel. It seems to help a lot on lower speeds when it's real dusty.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
In my last Pioneer, the 700, I had the hard rear panel. I had always thought it to be beneficial in that the dust and colder air vortexing were reduced.
I also have one on my 1000/5, which I haven't really ran it much, it's still in the shop being outfitted. Don't think the results would change much, with the exception of noise.
On the 700's panel, it was constructed of 2 nearly evenly split panels connected, with the seam running horizontal. This made for some plastic squeaks from time to time. The 1000's panel is almost fully whole, with the exception of what looks like a triangle or plastic on each side in the bottom corners.
Hopefully the new design will reduce the squeaks, but truly it wasn't that big of a deal.

Reactions: AndrewsSeed
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it worked really well on my 700 BUT when its really dusty the dust is still going to get in, but you will only have alb of dust on you instead of the entire trail.

Reactions: AndrewsSeed
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm considering the hard rear panel to stop the cold back draft in winter and to keep the interior clean(er).
Can anyone comment on how effective the rear panel is for keeping things less dusty / muddy?

I currently have tuiy bits of mud/dirt getting sucked in and making the inside of the windshield dirty.

I'm running the hard rear panel on my P1000 along with the glass windshield, I am very happy with the little amount of wind that comes in. I have been running roads in near freezing temps with just a sweatshirt on and even at 55 - 60 mph I get very little wind in on me. Now the outside of the back panel get spattered with water mud but not the inside.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!