P500 Hill climbing with the P500

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
The wife and went for a ride yesterday at Catahoula Off-road and Recreation. This place is different terrain than what we normally see in Louisiana, hill and rocks are rare here. The P5 is a billy goat, the locker and power steering made this climb possible. It’s a lot steeper than the camera shows. At around 45 seconds you can hear my wife gasp….we were on two wheels and we thought we were going to roll down the hill the hard way! I blipped the throttle and it went back on all four at ended up bumper to tree. Good times!

Last edited:
Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
This place usually caters to Jeep’s but I had to get a shot of the RTI
1EEC71DD 93B4 4BF4 A518 E76A25639A58

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This place usually caters to Jeep’s but I had to get a shot of the RTI View attachment 281078
It’s a red P5….that’s a skid plate brake for them. They usually place them after the finish line when they see a P5 has entered the race. If it’s a downhill to the finish line they often use two (or if nerf bars are installed).

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
The wife and went for a ride yesterday at Catahoula Off-road and Recreation. This place is different terrain than what we normally see in Louisiana, hill and rocks are rare here. The P5 is a billy goat, the locker and power steering made this climb possible. It’s a lot steeper than the camera shows. At around 45 seconds you can hear my wife gasp….we were on two wheels and we thought we were going to roll down the hill the hard way! I blipped the throttle and it went back on all four at ended up bumper to tree. Good times!

Looks like a good time was had by both of you P72!!

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
BM Looks like a cool stretch of trail. Glad that you got to enjoy that with your wife. My wife must still like me a little bit, she will go on trail rides with me too.
My wife loves riding, we’re on a mission to ride all of the public and private places in our state. For about the same price as eating at a nice restaurant we can pack a cooler and ride all day!

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC

Awesome video and the p500 will surprise ya with how well it will go with a locker installed and good some tires. All you need now is some Elka shocks 🤣🤣😂

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
That just looks like too much fun. Looks like the deserts I ride, if yo remove the trees and rocks and put in dried up yuccas and sage brush, then sprinkle in some dust and simmer at 110°........I'm so jealous!
We get the 100+ temps here too plus 70-100% humidity……you should try it some time lol

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
You running Elkas?
Yep stage 3’s on all 4 corners it makes a pretty big difference but when you get in the really ruff stuff like at the T/O it will still beat you to death. The p500 just lacks on suspension travel but if you can withstand the beating a p500 will give you it will go like crazy with a locker and tires but if you ride in places like royal blue a really good skid plate is recommended

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

Nice video! That hill looks like a fun climb. Thanks for sharing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!