Hogwaller ride, Feb. 17-19, 2017

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes. The wife and i are going camping and riding at Hogwaller in Palatka, Florida on Feb 17th, 18th, and 19th, 2017. We are bringing a handful of friends with us. The wife has a p700 and i have a p500, and some in the group will have various different sxs or 4 wheelers. I was gonna send out an invite for anybody that thinks they can make it to look it up on the internet or facebook, get the info, and come on out. I am not associated with the owners of Hogwaller or am i trying to make money for them, just figured if there is any members of this website close to there and doesnt have anything better to do, maybe we could bump into each other there and say hey. It is an ATV/UTV only weekend that weekend so if you're familiar with the place and wanna watch the mud trucks, they wont be there that weekend. Anyway, i dont have a facebook or none of that stuff, but maybe you could check the site out, and possibly come on out. We'll be riding, camping, cooking, laughing, and having a few adult beverages. It would be cool to see pioneer owners show in force. Anyway, take it easy.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Im just bumping this thread, seeing if anybody is local to Hogwaller in Palatka, Fl. and may go Feb 17th, 18th, and 19th... there is gonna be a good bit in our group but the more the merrier..

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well thanks for the invite. Their is a large group going to Tenn the end of April and I wish I could make that one also but so little free time

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah i doubt you would wanna drive all the way from Ms just to go to Hogwaller lol. It aint that awesome if a place! I was thinking surely there is some semi-local people who would want to come if they aint got nothin better to do. Also, yes you are right, i would also love to attend the Tn ride. Maybe one day.

Reactions: chadbo
ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3
Yeah i doubt you would wanna drive all the way from Ms just to go to Hogwaller lol. It aint that awesome if a place! I was thinking surely there is some semi-local people who would want to come if they aint got nothin better to do. Also, yes you are right, i would also love to attend the Tn ride. Maybe one day.

I'm semi local(Cocoa area) but won't be making it this year. Saving my pennies for the Tenn trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No biggie Shearer, this isnt a yearly ride, this is more like a monthly, or every couple months thing for us, just because we only live about 30 miles away from hogwaller. I dont blame you for saving your pennies for Tn, it sounds fun.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just a reminder we are camping and riding at Hogwaller in Palatka, fl this friday, saturday, and sunday. February 17th, 18th, and 19th if anybody semi local wants to come out and ride. If not, be safe wherever you ride. Later!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Heres a pic of my wife in her 700-4 last time we went. Hehehe

20161029 110245

advertisement
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
One of these days I want to do a ride in Florida. That swampy water looks like fun! Our tentative retirement plans look like north Florida might be where we land, and the Apalachicola forest looks inviting. :)

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
One of these days I want to do a ride in Florida. That swampy water looks like fun! Our tentative retirement plans look like north Florida might be where we land, and the Apalachicola forest looks inviting. :)
pFive, ive never been to the Apalachicola trails, i wouldnt mind going though. We went to the ocala national forest a few weeks ago, it was ok. Lots of sandy trails. No mud. If you do move down here it would be nice to get a group together. Congrats on being able to retire and enjoy life. If you like riding, and going out on the water florida is a pretty good choice. Our nice weather is only about 2 months long though, then its back to being hot and muggy, it gets worse the farther south you go also. We are in the nice weather time of year now and im loving it.

Reactions: pFive
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
We make a bunch of trips down in the motorhome every year exploring the state. We like Lee county and the boating in Fort Myers (pine island and such), but the traffic in the winter is horrible and the prices keep going from boom to bust. North Florida has quiet areas with both woods for riding, and bears, hogs and deer and the gulf fishing that are perfect for my inner redneck.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sounds good pFive. Osceoala forest is in north florida just south of georgia. Ive never rode there either, but i have friends that have. They say it gets swampy in there and recommend going after a few days rain in the area. I think we are loosely planning a trip there in april for a birthday ride for my wifes bestfriends son. If youve never been there you should check it out. The youtube videos look pretty good that ive watched.

Reactions: pFive
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well i dont know if its normal to do a ride report on this website after a weekend camp and ride but i figured i would give it a go. We had a blast! The weather was beautiful and the mud was deep. We ate like kings and queens and drank like fish. Like the old saying goes: " You cant drink all day if you dont start in the morning." Lol I normally get more pics when we ride but about 10 minutes after i unloaded my p5 i was chest deep in swamp water and i forgot my phone was in my pocket. My phone is waterproof as long as the charging port has the little rubber cover over it, well, it wasnt over it. So i didnt take pics all weekend. I was able to have a few texted to me but they are mainly of around camp, but ill share them anyway. Im going to try to post a video also, i hope it works. Also, if youre wondering who BastardChild is in the pics, im the fat ass with the beer can in his hand lol. I hope you enjoy. :)

35600 35598 35593 35667

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I tried uploading the video but my phone says, " The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension." Whatever the heck that means. Anyway, i hope everybody had a great weekend. Also, on a side note, for whoever has been following my aluminum bed build with the intake and exhaust stacks, i have a report on that as well. They worked excellent! Water tight, and i got to listen to that exhaust sing all weekend when i was in the deep stuff! Ok, yall have a good one!

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well i dont know if its normal to do a ride report on this website after a weekend camp and ride but i figured i would give it a go. We had a blast! The weather was beautiful and the mud was deep. We ate like kings and queens and drank like fish. Like the old saying goes: " You cant drink all day if you dont start in the morning." Lol I normally get more pics when we ride but about 10 minutes after i unloaded my p5 i was chest deep in swamp water and i forgot my phone was in my pocket. My phone is waterproof as long as the charging port has the little rubber cover over it, well, it wasnt over it. So i didnt take pics all weekend. I was able to have a few texted to me but they are mainly of around camp, but ill share them anyway. Im going to try to post a video also, i hope it works. Also, if youre wondering who BastardChild is in the pics

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!