P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Viper V2 winch mount install!

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally getting to mount the winch today. There is no way to have the cable come off the top of the spool and it looks like a fairly steep angle coming off the bottom. First time ever mounting a winch. It looks like your using the stock bumper so is the angle going through the fairlead ok.
I havnt had any issues with mine coming from the bottom.

C4242507 80C4 4B83 8DB6 E1CD3189CC4E F3A89F7C BDC4 460D 80CA 2EBDE6B0CEC7 9CA8AB1C EBEB 4219 A82A EE121C0EFB6C

Jim1000

Jim1000

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How did everyone key in the power and where? Also what do you do with the spade to bullet connectors?

I installed a SOYOND Marine Fuse Panel from amazon. It has separate key on and off power. Did not need the spade to bullet connectors.

Jim1000

Jim1000

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I installed a SOYOND Marine Fuse Panel from amazon. It has separate key on and off power. Did not need the spade to bullet connectors.

Hopefully my font is not showing up as large as it looks. Not sure what happened.

V

Vetrob1

Jul 1, 2022
Sugarloaf
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3

Hat I don’t get is what they are used for. I can’t find a place I wanna splice into for key on power. Little hesitant since it’s brand new lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim1000

Jim1000

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hat I don’t get is what they are used for. I can’t find a place I wanna splice into for key on power. Little hesitant since it’s brand new lol

The store sells a key on power harness.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With that hole cut in the dash, the store key on harness is easy to install. I got my 9 year old grandson with small hands to just reach in and unplug the cigarette lighter, plug in the harness there then plug the factory lighter plug into the back of the harness... easy-peasy!

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shouldn't the power connectors/motor of the winch be on the driverside of UTV? I am getting ready to install mine and the Viper mounting kit says the motor side of the winch should be on the driver side. Thanks
For the 2016 through 2021 models the electrical connections should be on the drivers side with the rope feeding off the top. The 22’s and 23’s Have a different bumper And it’s recommended that they feed off the bottom.

T

Tuck6

Jan 8, 2023
Cobourg Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had several questions about installing the new Viper V2 by Motoalliance on a Pioneer 1000 in reguards to fitment issues.
Finally today I found some time to install one in a factory bumper and was able to install with no issues.

Below are some pictures and a few details on each.
I hope this helps.

View attachment 326239

Here is the back side of mount plate.
View attachment 326240View attachment 326241

there are 2 concerning points to discuss.
The funny tab at the top and the differential bracket. The winch mount plate goes under it just slightly.
View attachment 326242

At the bottom, the plate rest on the differential bracket and may appear to not fit.
When installing, tighten the lower U bolts first making sure the top plate is UNDER the tab shown above.
This will push it into place and snug it up against the frame.
View attachment 326243

Then install the fairlead and the mount is complete.
View attachment 326245

I will not be covering wiring at this time as it is the same for every other winch on the market.

Any questions just let me know.
Thanks.
Just a question about how you installed the U bolts. Should they be the other way so the U is holding snug around the round frame section? Then the threaded part coming through the mounting bracket?

Reactions: Smitty335
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a question about how you installed the U bolts. Should they be the other way so the U is holding snug around the round frame section? Then the threaded part coming through the mounting bracket?
I questioned this also when I was installing my Viper wide spool. The photos that are included with the instructions show the “U” bolts going through the flat plates then around the tubing and finally through the winch mounting plate.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I questioned this also when I was installing my Viper wide spool. The photos that are included with the instructions show the “U” bolts going through the flat plates then around the tubing and finally through the winch mounting plate.
The first guy to do it did it wrong and everbody followed his lead. o_O

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!