P500 Honda sub wiring harness

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Hello. Is there a benefit to buying the honda sub harness for a warn winch mount? Does this harness make it so one doesnt have to splice into factory wires? Thanks

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, you won't have to splice into factory wires for low amp power. Switches, small led light, stuff like that but you don't want to power the winch through it, you'll cook it. It just plugs into the cig lighter circuit and gives you 4 hots and 2 grounds...still 10 or 15 amp max draw though. Winch power should be ran to battery.
Btw, this is the $10 one you're talking about? I believe there's another one available for much more money, you don't need it.

Reactions: Mudder and Mudwing
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, you won't have to splice into factory wires for low amp power. Switches, small led light, stuff like that but you don't want to power the winch through it, you'll cook it. It just plugs into the cig lighter circuit and gives you 4 hots and 2 grounds...still 10 or 15 amp max draw though. Winch power should be ran to battery.
Btw, this is the $10 one you're talking about? I believe there's another one available for much more money, you don't need it.
Yes the 10 dollar one. I was going to use it just for the rocker switch in/out. Would you use it for that purpose?

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Yes the 10 dollar one. I was going to use it just for the rocker switch in/out. Would you use it for that purpose?
I've got all the wires hooked to the battery this would just be for the rocker switch.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
I've got all the wires hooked to the battery this would just be for the rocker switch.
So there is a plug n play next to the cig lighter that the sub harness plugs into?

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Absolutely, well worth the $10. 👍
Sorry trigger. Still trying to navigate through the forum. So there is a plug and play next to the cig lighter that the sub harness plugs into?

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry trigger. Still trying to navigate through the forum. So there is a plug and play next to the cig lighter that the sub harness plugs into?
No sir there is no "other" plug so to say.
You unplug the lighter plug and this plugs into your lighter and the factory plug plugs into the harness and leaves you a few outputs prewired into the harness along with 2 ground leads.
I also looked for a couple of days for what I misunderstood and was not there.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
You unplug the lighter plug and this plugs into your lighter and the factory plug plugs into the harness and leaves you a few outputs prewired into the harness along with 2 ground leads.
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Glock21user
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Ummmm, no, there IS a plug behind the dash that the accessory plug hooks into. It's powered by the same fuse as the cig lighter, but doesn't plug into the cig lighter outlet... or did I read your comments wrong???

advertisement
T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
You’ll find a red connector under the hood that the Acc harness plus into. My winch relay had bullet connectors that plugged directly into bullet connectors on the Acc harness, so for me it was “plug and play”. The other stuff I powered thru the harness were a bit more “homegrown”, but the harness made that work so much easier.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
You’ll find a red connector under the hood that the Acc harness plus into. My winch relay had bullet connectors that plugged directly into bullet connectors on the Acc harness, so for me it was “plug and play”. The other stuff I powered thru the harness were a bit more “homegrown”, but the harness made that work so much easier.
What brand of winch did you use?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
$10 honda oem sub harness is a great deal, easy key on power for my radio, aux light, winch and power steering relay. Nice that bullet connectors were a match to my radio. Thinking @Hondasxs store also has a plug and play one for the cigarette lighter socket.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
WHERE THE HELL DID I PUT MINE??!! ugh.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Ummmm, no, there IS a plug behind the dash that the accessory plug hooks into. It's powered by the same fuse as the cig lighter, but doesn't plug into the cig lighter outlet... or did I read your comments wrong???
I believe you have the right description. Damn so many different opinions.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!