Honda Talon 300M Sub-Trans Input Shafts 👌

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a buddy of mine making replacement 300M sub-trans input shafts for Talons. Some turbo and N/A guys have been breaking them racing and running hard, including the Cryo-Heat version that was supposed to be an improvement, but was not. One of these is stock and the other one is a Cryo Heat treated part. As you can see the results were the same. Both came out of the same turbo car.....

IMG 3180

These 300M shafts are going to be the solution to that problem.......

20230302 144718

If anybody is intrested in one shoot me a PM and I'll add your name to the list. What you see on the bench is all that we are making for now. First come first serve, we will not be holding these for anyone. Pricing isn't set in stone yet but I can assure you that they will be alot cheaper than what happens when those snap and take out the Subtrans gears and case halfs. 😆

H

HondaTech

I have a buddy of mine making replacement 300M sub-trans input shafts for Talons. Some turbo and N/A guys have been breaking them racing and running hard, including the Cryo-Heat version that was supposed to be an improvement, but was not. One of these is stock and the other one is a Cryo Heat treated part. As you can see the results were the same. Both came out of the same turbo car.....

View attachment 376621

These 300M shafts are going to be the solution to that problem.......

View attachment 376620

If anybody is intrested in one shoot me a PM and I'll add your name to the list. What you see on the bench is all that we are making for now. First come first serve, we will not be holding these for anyone. Pricing isn't set in stone yet but I can assure you that they will be alot cheaper than what happens when those snap and take out the Subtrans gears and case halfs. 😆

Thanks for using our s*** as an example. 🤣

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
My GM may be interested now 🙄

I'll ask tomorrow, do you have a price yet.

Unlike alot of people we have both met in the SxS racing world, when I say I'm going to do something I get it done.

It took a little longer than expected to get to this point because of lack of the proper sized material. We wanted an 1-3/4 stick of 300M to start with but we ended up with 2" because the smaller stuff was on backorder everywhere with no available shipping dates. Because they are bigger diameter it's going to require more machine time per piece to get a finished product and the price will reflext that accordingly. I'll post a price as soon as we have it nailed down.

H

HondaTech

My GM showed me a post from someone somewhere saying they had cryotreated 300M shafts ready.

Is that your guy?

Reactions: Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
My GM showed me a post from someone somewhere saying they had cryotreated 300M shafts ready.

Is that your guy?

Nope, that's CryoHeat. Theirs are going to be all the money and I can guarantee you they are just exact copies of stock shafts made out of 300M. The ones my guy is making are an improved design over stock so they don't end up with the same cracking issue. Making them out of 300M and not fixing the actual cause of the failures is just a band aid that will make them last longer because of material strength but not a guarantee that it won't happen again.

This is the picture your GM showed you.....
Facebook creation 2011754681

Supposedly it was posted on FB somewhere but I can't find it and CryoHeat makes no mention of it on their website of FB page. The 10X as strong as stock crap they are touting in that picture is pure BS. 300M is about 40% stronger than 4130 cromo steel and cryo treating and micro polishing doesn't add much to that as you can attest to with that CryoHeat stock shaft you guys snapped in one race.

H

HondaTech

Nope, that's CryoHeat. Theirs are going to be all the money and I can guarantee you they are just exact copies of stock shafts made out of 300M. The ones my guy is making are an improved design over stock so they don't end up with the same cracking issue. Making them out of 300M and not fixing the actual cause of the failures is just a band aid that will make them last longer because of material strength but not a guarantee that it won't happen again.

This is the picture your GM showed you.....
View attachment 378286

Supposedly it was posted on FB somewhere but I can't find it and CryoHeat makes no mention of it on their website of FB page. The 10X as strong as stock crap they are touting in that picture is pure BS. 300M is about 40% stronger than 4130 cromo steel and cryo treating and micro polishing doesn't add much to that as you can attest to with that CryoHeat stock shaft you guys snapped in one race.

That's the one
I'll forward that to him
We were told by a fellow who rebuilds sub trans (can't remember his name) that we couldn't break a cryoheat treated shaft. 🤣

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
We had some issues finding a competent grinding company to finish the bearing surfaces on our 300M input shafts, and the process took waaay longer than expected, but the shafts are finally done! 😎

20230616 154546

I'm going to install one in my subtrans this week to confirm fitment and then I'll be contacting those who were intrested in one. I have a limited number of these and it's going to be first come first serve.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a grinding company I use local to me that grinds 300m for my shop. If you want some contact information, please reach out.

I'd definitely like that contact info for future use. The company im MO that originally quoted us ended up not being able to do it because of some lame ass excuse and most of the other companies that we were calling for grinding quotes gave us the FU, go away price. My buddy found a company up by him to do it for a semi reasonable price but options are always better. I'll PM you....

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd definitely like that contact info for future use. The company im MO that originally quoted us ended up not being able to do it because of some lame ass excuse and most of the other companies that we were calling for grinding quotes gave us the FU, go away price. My buddy found a company up by him to do it for a semi reasonable price but options are always better. I'll PM you....
Information sent. If he gives you a FO price, I may have another grinding shop I can send. But he does more machining for me than grinding.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!