Talon Honda Talon X Purchase Yesterday

S

Slomovr

Nov 29, 2018
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This is just to share my experience with my purchase yesterday. Being a Honda Pioneer 1000 owner there was definitely the itch to want a Talon but yesterday morning I had no plans to buy right now with seeing all the different pricing, no inventory, waiting list, ECT. I know that most ran out to the so called low price dealers and got on waiting list with know idea when they might get one or either called a local dealer and paid full pop prices to get on their list to be the first one. I have always tried to buy local and not go out of state because you avoid sales tax or whatever even if it cost a bit more.. So yesterday I pulled up all the dealers within 75 miles of my house and called about 10 different dealers. I found four X models and one R on the ground ready to pick up.... Pricing from 2 dealers was off the charts with them telling me that they have 3 other people coming to look at them so I could take it or leave it, a couple never called me back (of course they didn't have one) and the rest didn't really give a sh*t. It came down to two small town no frills dealers that were within 25 bucks of each so I decided to go with the one in my state of AL. S&W Powersports in Jasper, AL was probably one of the easiest purchases I have ever made. Just a couple of phone calls set up the deal and when I pulled up it was sitting out front ready to go, walked straight inside to the office, signed the paperwork, loaded and gone in about 7 minutes. The way it should be and the price was more than fair considering what others priced. If you are wanting one they are out there right under your nose, you don't have to wait and they are small local dealers that are making deals. Shop Local when you can it sometimes pays off. Hope this helps someone else to pull the trigger...

S

Slomovr

Nov 29, 2018
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Tried to shop local. Dealer was proud of his Talon. Don’t blame him, got to make hay when sun shines. Can’t blame me either to save $2 grand. Congrats on new car!
Oh trust me.. I talked to several that were real proud of theirs too!! The dealer I bought from had only received one of each and said he wasn't scheduled to get another until around June. Very surprised he worked with me the way we did. Same to you!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!