Hour Meter

D

deuce coupe

Nov 18, 2013
Has anyone installed an hour meter, and where did You put it. Also where is a good place to purchase one? Thought about putting one under the hood by making a mounting bracket. Would like to find a decent one. Most ones that I have seen are on e-bay and seem cheap.

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
The pioneer has an hour meter built in.

D

deuce coupe

Nov 18, 2013
This is for a 2012 Big Red SXS.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I've used SenTec hour meters on almost all of my marine, atv and yard equipment. They are really small and last forever. Just wrap the small sense wire around the spark plug wire and stick the hour meter where you can access it. I have them on my lawnmowers, boat motors, generators, atv. They can be purchased direct from SenTec, E-bay or Amazon for about $20 or less. I've always been surprised by the amount of hours I actually put on motors than I think I do (always more HRS than I thought). It helps me keep stay on top of my oil and maintenance schedules.

D

deuce coupe

Nov 18, 2013
Thanks. I'm going to look for one in the Amazon Warehouse sales. If they have them, they will be half price. Thanks again

H

Hondarider

Mar 21, 2014
do you have the speedometer/odometer cluster? if so there is a button you can push (lower right) that shows trip miles and hours

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
The only issue with the Pioneers built in hour meter is it runs when the key is on position. What most of us want is actual hours of motor run time, not "key on" time. Not a big deal if you wire all your accessories directly to battery, but most of us have the accessories come on when the key is in the on position.

The Scan tech hour meter uses an inductive sensing wire that is wrapped around the spark plug wire. Only when there is spark (motor running) will the hour meter increment.

H

Hondarider

Mar 21, 2014
Does the Big Red hour meter operate same as Pioneer?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!