how far??

R

rickoshea

what's your longest one day trip? last aug, i went looking for an abandoned ww2 airstrip in the central cariboo in british columbia.it was an all day trip i took by myself,no passenger and no group ride.all together it was around 7 hours and just a hair over 240 miles.almost 3 full tanks of gas.remote doesn't even begin to describe the area.saw wild horses,some epic prairies for snowmobiling,several abandoned homesteads and a very old gravesite, moose,deer and a very large bear. followed the fraser river for a while and swung thru the gang ranch.next time i'm going to actually stop more and take some pictures.yes,i did find the airstrip.

R

rickoshea

next summer i'm planning to do the cariboo gold rush trail from 100 mile house to barkerville,through likely and back home. should take about 3 days.i am blessed.i have unlimited options as to where i can travel,free,no permits,no questions asked.plenty of fishing opportunities and if i plan correctly i can gas up at any of the more remote indian reservations and don't ever need to hit civilization or blacktop.i actually belong to an atv club but i've never been on a sanctioned ride or actually met any of them.i can't follow or eat someone else's dust.plus,i like to bring a couple of my heavy hitters and do some target shooting.

Last edited:
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya ur very fortunate to have that kinda riding longest ive been is bout 120 as well very good time
lotta our trails here are rough so its a slow go 30-50 a day is normal for me good topic thou curious to see what others have done

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In and around the black hills you can put on 200 easy especially if you are jumping all over the place. For me about 125 is my limit.

Pretty hard to enjoy your beer if it’s always hammer down time.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Think I did 130 once in the 700. Honestly, usually just run out of time before the will to keep going. Not sure I could survive that in the 500, so I'd say maybe 60ish was the longest in it, but the terrain I use it in is also slower than what the old 700 did.
I also did around a 130 day on my old Foreman once.

I think in my early days in AZ I kinda got caught up in racking up big milage totals on a ride and forgetting the purpose. I'd take a good, quality 30 mile ride any day over just blasting fire roads for triple digits on the trip meter.

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In and around the black hills you can put on 200 easy especially if you are jumping all over the place. For me about 125 is my limit.

Pretty hard to enjoy your beer if it’s always hammer down time.
I think we did 190ish miles our last day in the Black Hills. We were on a mission see as many POI’s as possible. Being able to use the roads made that easier but would of rather stayed on the trails.

advertisement
seig

seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That must have been one awesome day trip! I think the most I've done in a day was just over 130 miles on the Hatfield McCoy trail system, but that was years ago in my RZR and let's face it, it rode a liiiitle smoother than my P1K lol and it still took all day to put that many miles on it. Like Tundra20 said, the trails out east can be pretty rough. Nowadays, I'm perfectly content averaging 10-15mph and just enjoying the sights (and the drive), but i can go all day like that. I was on a ride a few weeks ago with a small group down at Black Mountain Ky. and these guys brought a whole new meaning to the 5-30 riding style (more like 5-75!). We were there 2 days and i think we put less than 80 miles in...I have to admit, I was a little irritated. To each his own I guess, but we spent waaaay more time leaning on the machines than driving them!

IMG 20191018 180214986 HDR 2

When I'm on my own though, I usually ride until I come across something or someplace I can't resist taking some pics of and maybe stop occasionally for a sammich and a drink. I have to admit, I'm a little green with envy of you guys who live out where you can just head out on an overland trip for a few days. I love reading on here about those of you who get to do that and, to me, that would be the ultimate riding experience.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was somewhere around 160 for a day. Could of been 200 but we stopped at some taverns along the trail.

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've yet to break 75 miles in a day, usually more like 30-50. Wife and 2 kids at 3 and 7 make sure of it! Lack of storage for supplies, as this was our first season, was the biggest thing. Always forgetting something.

That and the kids just wanna play around the campsite all day, or swim.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!