CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Note that ride height defines the engineered geometry, including the working angles of the CV joints. It's not just about ground clearance.

When I sacked out the stock rear tender springs on my R2, I lost 4" of ride height - from ~14-1/4" down to 10-1/4" (allowing for the extra 1" that 30" tires added).

Reactions: JNo323 and TxDoc
JNo323

JNo323

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2019
Middle, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Good information however I could not find the information shown on Fox's website shown in this video. May need dealer login to access it? I've only found the ride height information on Shock therapy's site, which for my 2023 1000RLV2 is 13.5 in the front and 12.5 in the rear. Also to note and not mentioned in most of these video's is that if you've increased tire size, say 27" to 30", you should add half of the added tire height to the stock measurement or in this example, 1.5" so 15" in the front and 14" in the rear for my machine with 30 inch tires. Also read where you may run out of shock adjustment and may need to lower these numbers based on rear shocks.

Don't forget to log your "factory" settings before adjusting anything so you can always go back to where you started if you don't like the changes made.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!