Ownership

1. 500
Anyones help would be
Great...
So easy to post a pic
.....why not for video

J

Jshell3

You link videos, er... embed them using the "film tape" icon. (scroll over says "Media")

But first, create a YouTube account and upload video there. (To YouTube)

Then just link that video to your post w the film tape icon

The reason video direct uploads arent allowed, they are HUGE file sizes. Pics are pretty detailed. Videos are out of this world big. So relying on something like YouTube, keeps the storage requirements manageable.

It's not hard, once you get the hang of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
You link videos, er... embed them using the "film tape" icon. (scroll over says "Media")

But first, create a YouTube account and upload video there. (To YouTube)

Then just link that video to your post w the film tape icon

The reason video direct uploads arent allowed, they are HUGE file sizes. Pics are pretty detailed. Videos are out of this world big. So relying on something like YouTube, keeps the storage requirements manageable.

It's not hard, once you get the hang of it.
Thank you.....
I'm not a computer guy
....thanks for the info..

Reactions: SXSHP500CO
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still don't understand. I have videos loaded to YouTube. Not sure what to do next.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I still don't understand. I have videos loaded to YouTube. Not sure what to do next.

@Jamesgang , if you have videos loaded to youtube already, make sure they are public and not private. Anyone should be able to go on YT and view it.
When you view any video on YT, it has a url, that's the http://*******. Just write that down. Then when you come into this forum and want to post a video, hit the link button up there in the toolbar. Looks like a little chain, just to the right of the A. That will prompt you to enter the url, enter it entirely and then preview your video.
Probably the hard way but that's how I do it.

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Jamesgang , if you have videos loaded to youtube already, make sure they are public and not private. Anyone should be able to go on YT and view it.
When you view any video on YT, it has a url, that's the http://*******. Just write that down. Then when you come into this forum and want to post a video, hit the link button up there in the toolbar. Looks like a little chain, just to the right of the A. That will prompt you to enter the url, enter it entirely and then preview your video.
Probably the hard way but that's how I do it.
Thanks for the help. I figured it out. I figured out if you hit the share button a menu pops up. On that there is a link button and symbol that looks like a chain. If you click that it copy's the link until you past it in.

D

Deleted member 3748

@Jamesgang it has a url, that's the http://*******. Just write that down.
Write it down? You should be able to copy and paste it even if you're using a phone. My phone's copy icon looks like two pieces of paper. Sometimes you have to touch the url and hold your finger on it to copy. Look around and see if you can find it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Write it down? You should be able to copy and paste it even if you're using a phone. My phone's copy icon looks like two pieces of paper. Sometimes you have to touch the url and hold your finger on it to copy. Look around and see if you can find it.

I know, I was having problems doing copy and paste between the two screens for some reason. Just need to play with it more.
I just had to MacGyver my way through it by writing it down. ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!