Talon I actually got a talon R today!!!

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
it's a nice machine, few things coming from a can-am.
the fit n finish is all Honda, ride is stiffer then i thought it would be. no eco mode for the go peddle. so any little bump you hit gooses the go go juice. i liked the eco mode on the can-am for the kids and for rocky trials.
love the ease of access to the engine, and no bloody belt to leave me out in the woods. it has 1/2 mile on it right now,
tomorrow i'll be putting it through it's paces.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the fit n finish is all Honda, ride is stiffer then i thought it would be. no eco mode for the go peddle. so any little bump you hit gooses the go go juice. i liked the eco mode on the can-am for the kids and for rocky trials.
love the ease of access to the engine, and no bloody belt to leave me out in the woods. it has 1/2 mile on it right now,
You'll get use to it. We all kinda started like that.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
well i couldn't wait. had to get a few miles on it.
went and parked Google Maps

and took off. shocks are on middle setting, was great for 90% of the things. a few bumps bottomed out, but really not to bad. had a hard time gitting some of the whoops with any real speed as there was turns. and i'm not familiar with the area enough to just hammer on it.

she sport shifting is a little quick to down shift, i found myself up shifting for it often. no need to be reving the engine like that for just flat cruising.
hill climbs are easy cake walk, did them with ease long as you down shift first if you get in the middle of the hill and it doesnt like the gear it has to shift and as fast as that is it didn't inspire confidence. however it did just fine, just not how i'd rather it so i selected the gear and all was well.
i'm also worried about the small fuel tank. they say it's 7.? with 1.? reserve does that mean it's 8.? something or it's only 7.? something. really liked the 10 gal tank the can-am commander had. 150 miles a fill was easy.

anyhoo, i'm off to find filters and some accessories for it.

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I picked mine up today also and it is touchy on the peddle .

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
throttle and auto shifting probably get better as the pcm learns. on the pioneer they say after your first maintenance. which makes sense they program cars to run different during the initial break in and my can am was way different

Reactions: sharp and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!