Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
draft

Honda Talon i-4wd override.

This kit requires a power and ground source, preferably from a fuse box. Use a 10a fuse for circuit protection. Alternatively, but not recommended, you can tie it into one of the factory key-on ports.

INSULATION INSTRUCTIONS:

This kit will be installed right behind the front differential chunk at the 4x4 clutch. You can locate this in the passenger wheel well area at the rear of the front differential. Locate the black plastic cover and remove the push pins holding it on. You may need to remove the wheel for better access to this area.

Locate the green connector connector and disconnect it.
This is where we will connect the harness.

Route the harness from under the hood to this location and connect the T-harness between the 2 green connectors. Use the included zip ties to secure the wire.

Coming off the switch, Connect the red and black wires to your fuse box on a 10a fuse.

TEST IT…
Test it by powering the switch, flip it to the UP position and listen for the 4x4 clutch to click. It should be a very noticeable click. Turn the key on and engage the i4wd to on and check for any issues.
i-4wd should still work as factory stock.

Finally, install the switch in your desired location.
Hole size - 830" x 1.45" (21.08mm x 36.83mm)

If you run into any issues please contact us for assistance.

Thank you for being part of the HondaSxS Club.

Last edited: