Inclinometer Search

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
I have been looking for a descent inclinometer. Most I've found are either very cheap and not so well made or quite expensive and not intended for off road use. I remember reading about a digital one made for off road called the RAD-1 but can't find them for sale anywhere. Any suggestions???

Attachments

• 20131130_204534_resized.jpg
    20131130_204534_resized.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 508
R

Redrider

Jun 3, 2013
I can see how this would come in handy. Someone ask me how steep the hill was I never know. But this thing you can tell. Kool.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
I'd also like to know the actual rollover angles for the pioneer. I've thought about hooking a winch to the roll bar and pulling until it gets unstable but that could end in a disaster as well.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just have winch to catch it going the other way with just a small amount of slack. Let one in and the other out at the same time.

bfair

bfair

Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2013
pipefighter577 said:
I have been looking for a descent inclinometer. Most I've found are either very cheap and not so well made or quite expensive and not intended for off road use. I remember reading about a digital one made for off road called the RAD-1 but can't find them for sale anywhere. Any suggestions???
Here is one you can get at Advance Auto parts.

Meter zps2f65f8a7
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... nclnemeter

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
pipefighter577 said:
I'd also like to know the actual rollover angles for the pioneer. I've thought about hooking a winch to the roll bar and pulling until it gets unstable but that could end in a disaster as well.
Not a bad idea. I would like to know the rollover points also.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
bfair said:
pipefighter577 said:
Here is one you can get at Advance Auto parts.

Meter zps2f65f8a7
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... nclnemeter

I've seen that one but it only goes to 35 deg. I've had mine pretty close to that and I'm pretty sure it'll go farther. I'm pretty sure it's intended to be used inside the cab. I'd like to have one that's at least waterproof. I guess for the price if they ruin you could just get another one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!