Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Filed July 2016. Honda submitted a patent for a CLUTCH HYDRAULIC PRESSURE CONTROL CIRCUIT!
As this was filed mid-year AFTER the 1000 was released has us asking... What this actually is?
- Is it just a finalized patent from the original design.
or
- Is it a "NEW" design to help relieve the clutch issues the Pioneer 1000 is having.

So, I need someone who can translate this patent to tell us what it is about! lol.

Clutch Clutch 3 Clutch 2 Clutch 1

[pdf]https://hondasxs.com/sg/patents/US20170030419A1.pdf[/pdf]

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I'm hoping it's a new update due to clutch problems. I think they would of already had the patent before the first pioneer was made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and popeye
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
it seems to adjust functionality of the shift solenoid engagement and clutch engagement. saw a lot about maintaining pressure while not engaged.

this is not a fix only a possible improvement. root cause is the lack of a fluid coupling or torque converter. wet clutch packs are not made to slip and by elimination of a fluid coupling from the automatic transmission, the wet clutch packs are the weak link that takes the brunt of the engagement force during take off. basically something has to slip, and in the 1000 its the clutches. there is no fancy fix, its a design flaw.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Could also be part of the LE model that ensures smoother take off and better engagement using hill start assist on an incline.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could also be part of the LE model that ensures smoother take off and better engagement using hill start assist on an incline.
I wonder if that part will fit on the 16?

Reactions: JACKAL
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like the oil is still moving even though the clutch is not engaged? Bypass valve somehow? Better control over clutch engagement? More oil flowing over the parts, less friction, less heat?

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I wonder if that part will fit on the 16?
Fitting, and working are two different animals. Though it may bolt on, I am sure the ECM controls it. Those darn computers only do what they are programmed for.

No longer grandpa's Honda Big Red lots of interconnected systems to make the P1K go. Of which many have no appreciation in how complex it is to resolve what is occurring.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
ECM can be reflashed very easily

Reactions: GPR1500SC
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
ECM can be reflashed very easily

If it was so easy these mud bugs should be re-flashing them to adjust for tire size, portals, and big tires. Not to mention those that think they need to go 75 mph would adjust the electronic limiter.

If someone had the encryption key to unlock it maybe would be easy but I haven't seen anyone flogging thier services to do it.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
If Honda came out with a fix due to oil pressure with a new switch of some type reflash of the ECM would be the easy part for mother Honda

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!