Just in case you or any family are looking for an Engineering Degree.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
MSU and the Bagley College of Engineering have scholarships available for both incoming and current students. Apply now!

Scholarships
James Worth Bagley is my uncle and donated quite a bit of money to Mississippi State to help fund professors and offer scholarships to students of his Alma Mater.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
MSU and the Bagley College of Engineering have scholarships
James Worth Bagley is my uncle and donated quite a bit of money to Mississippi State

If they named the college of engineering after him I think it was more than "quite a bit" probably more like a "f*** ton".

Did he design the space shuttle or something....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If they named the college of engineering after him I think it was more than "quite a bit" probably more like a "f*** ton".

Did he design the space shuttle or something....

It was 25 million and he initially worked at Texas Instruments for a while then moved to California and served as a CEO to 3 companies I believe. It was in the silicone valley and he spent half the time in Japan. In fact his business cards were printed in American on one side and Japanese on the other. Sadly he lost his only son 4 years ago and was quickly overtaken by Alzhaemers. They live in North Dallas now. FWIW when they lived in Dallas the first time he and Roger Staubach golfed together.

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You might even get to work on something like this 100 mpg hybrid Subaru! Wish I had applied myself :(

IMG 0559

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can assure you he does not share his wealth freely!
I sense a remake of Brusters millions! But in all seriousness that's amazing your uncle amassed that kind of wealth. Hopefully the university makes the best with it. Must be an insanely smart man.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It was 25 million and he initially worked at Texas Instruments for a while then moved to California and served as a CEO to 3 companies I believe. It was in the silicone valley and he spent half the time in Japan. In fact his business cards were printed in American on one side and Japanese on the other. Sadly he lost his only son 4 years ago and was quickly overtaken by Alzhaemers. They live in North Dallas now. FWIW when they lived in Dallas the first time he and Roger Staubach golfed together.
Yea I've already googled his full career. I was leaving the sharing up to you. Sounds like a pretty impressive guy. He was at Texas instruments while I was arguing with my math teacher about how to use a TI-89. Lol
Sad to hear the rest. My grandma has Alzheimer's setting in and it's going downhill.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Alzheimer's is tuff for sure. His older brother, my mothers older brother, suffered with it for about 10 years and passed away at home. He was a year or two older than my mom. My mother is 83 and just beginning to show signs of it. They have a younger sister who is in her late seventies that is also showing signs of it. It is supposed to be hereditary but hopefully I will miss out on it.

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
advertisement
J

JTW

Alzheimer's is tuff for sure. His older brother, my mothers older brother, suffered with it for about 10 years and passed away at home. He was a year or two older than my mom. My mother is 83 and just beginning to show signs of it. They have a younger sister who is in her late seventies that is also showing signs of it. It is supposed to be hereditary but hopefully I will miss out on it.
Well, if not... at least you won’t know any better!

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I sense a remake of Brusters millions! But in all seriousness that's amazing your uncle amassed that kind of wealth. Hopefully the university makes the best with it. Must be an insanely smart man.
He is very smart. At one time they had a Home in California,one in Austin Texas and one in Dallas. He donated that money to Mississippi State over 15 years ago and they have been very good stewards of it. For what it's worth he is a conservative!

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My son in law and daughter were very instrumental in starting up and participating in the Space Cowboys part of rocketry and aerospace engineering. They developed a team and competed nationally against other colleges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A couple of my daughter's rockets. I think the LilRed Express rocket was propelled by an H128W? Not real sure, some of you rocketry wizards feel free to correct me.The orange one is called Railrunner.

IMG 0615 IMG 0616 IMG 0617 IMG 0618

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!