P1000 Just picked up my P1000-5. Need help

T

TimL

Nov 28, 2015
Hello,
Yesterday I picked up my P1000-5 from the dealership. I have ordered the hard top, windshield, soft doors (front and rear) and the rear soft enclosure. Today I order a tow strap, shackles and tree straps, hi-lift jack and mounts. Eventually I will get a winch. This is my first SXS so I'm wondering if all of you on the board, who obviously have more experience with SXS, could tell me what little things are a must have from the get go. My honda will be used at our cabin - mostly dirt roads and some easy trails. I figured this would be better than driving a full size SUV all over the mountain (especially in winter). Please tell me what items are a must.
Thanks
Tim

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Winch first.. Too dang big to not have a winch you pretty much got it all covered. Light bar is good to have also.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you pretty much have it covered, I'd make a 4500lb winch a top priority, also tire repair kit and 12 volt air compressor, depending on how your trails are I'd upgrade the tires to an 8 ply .

Reactions: ohanacreek
T

TimL

Nov 28, 2015
Sounds like you pretty much have it covered, I'd make a 4500lb winch a top priority, also tire repair kit and 12 volt air compressor, depending on how your trails are I'd upgrade the tires to an 8 ply .
You guys are killing me! I ordered a winch and mount (KFI winch and mount). I'll be out of money by christmas at their rate.
Thanks

T

TimL

Nov 28, 2015
Can you recommend a tire repair kit?

T

TimL

Nov 28, 2015
I should be ok on the stock tires for now. Eventually I'll upgrade to evolutions or growlers.
Thanks

Reactions: scott
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you recommend a tire repair kit?
I carry the Slime
kit I bought from Wally world. It has the plugs and tools ect. also they carry a little compresser branded by slime, plugs into the outlet and does the job. Just beware the bighorns that come on it are not the same as you get from rocky mountain ect. lesser ply.

advertisement
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I got myself a custom knife made. I should of got 700 lift kit lol. I need tires and lift kit before Tenn ride i'll be good.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I only use it if it's a really small hole. I plug the hole then add fix a flat most of the time

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!