Kanati Mongrel

toy-hauler

toy-hauler

Mar 31, 2021
Southwest Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon X
I was pricing some tires at a local tire store, and the only thing they can get is Kanati Mongrel tires. I am wondering if anyone has used these and how they have held up? They are about the same price mounted, as what the Terrabite tire is on web prices. The tread depth isn't as deep, but they are 10 ply, and may hold up better.

Here's the specs for 32x10x15's:
Diameter - 32.4"
Weight - 41.5#
Tread depth 18/32
10 Ply rating
DOT rated

I am also questioning if I will have an issue with the 32.4" diameter on my X. I may have to go to the 30" tire.

Last edited:
H

hdrews91

Jun 30, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have ran the mongrels before and they did great on hard pack and on road just not so great in mud. No complains though, they wore well and held up nicely. As for tire size, you will probably have clearance issues with 32's on your X. I would recommend going with the 30" tire

toy-hauler

toy-hauler

Mar 31, 2021
Southwest Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have ran the mongrels before and they did great on hard pack and on road just not so great in mud. No complains though, they wore well and held up nicely. As for tire size, you will probably have clearance issues with 32's on your X. I would recommend going with the 30" tire
Thanks!!! That's the info I'm looking for. We run some mud, but we go to Arizona and run trails and rock crawling.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
looking at the other forum stock front tires weight about 23 pounds and stock rears about 30 pounds,

to each his own but there is nothing better at killing the power on these machines than by adding lots of rotational mass to each corner in the form of heavy tires, the data also indicates, the larger\squarer the tire can lead to the intermittent power steering issues. you will get 1000 different opinions, IMO, a 30" tire is just fine for my riding.

Desmo

Desmo

Dec 27, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was pricing some tires at a local tire store, and the only thing they can get is Kanati Mongrel tires. I am wondering if anyone has used these and how they have held up? They are about the same price mounted, as what the Terrabite tire is on web prices. The tread depth isn't as deep, but they are 10 ply, and may hold up better.

Here's the specs for 32x10x15's:
Diameter - 32.4"
Weight - 41.5#
Tread depth 18/32
10 Ply rating
DOT rate
I am running 30" Kanati Mongrels on my 1000R here in AZ and I like them very much. They work well in the rock & sand typical of my riding. They have held up well so far (only 1500 miles on them). No clearance issues. Sorry I can't report on mud performance. I liked the 10 ply rating when I was tire shopping. I would certainly consider them again if I was buying tires.

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
30" on an X model. Fair amount of road riding and trail, seem to be holding up well with 700 miles on them.

Reactions: Blownzuki

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!