P1000 KFI Stealth 4500 Install

byronf22

byronf22

Jul 6, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I installed a KFI winch today. Process seemed pretty seamless, except for the terminals on the winch itself hitting the upper bumper mounts. It has the rubber sock covering the terminal but I'm afraid that over time that will rub through and there will be metal to metal contact. Can the end plate of the winch rotate so that the terminals are at 3 oclock and 9 oclock vs 12 and 6? Thank you in advance. This is on a 2018 1000-3 with the KFI mount.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I just installed that one last week. Yes you can rotate it. You can go onto their website and the instructions on how to will be in their support section. It’s pretty easy though, just unscrew the two long bolts on the end and rotate the plate. Although I did end up with my winch working backwards (out was in/in was out) after doing that. I just switched my yellow and blue terminals at the winch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So I installed a KFI winch today. Process seemed pretty seamless, except for the terminals on the winch itself hitting the upper bumper mounts. It has the rubber sock covering the terminal but I'm afraid that over time that will rub through and there will be metal to metal contact. Can the end plate of the winch rotate so that the terminals are at 3 oclock and 9 oclock vs 12 and 6? Thank you in advance. This is on a 2018 1000-3 with the KFI mount.
Yes you can rotate it in 90 degree increments, install instructions refer to it as "clocking " it.

M

Markpee

Sep 20, 2018
Pine Bush, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed that one last week. Yes you can rotate it. You can go onto their website and the instructions on how to will be in their support section. It’s pretty easy though, just unscrew the two long bolts on the end and rotate the plate. Although I did end up with my winch working backwards (out was in/in was out) after doing that. I just switched my yellow and blue terminals at the winch.

Thanks for this reply. I just completed install of the same winch, with the same concern, so I rotated the terminals. My winch is running backward as well. I will swap wires as you said. Thanks!

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Thanks for this reply. I just completed install of the same winch, with the same concern, so I rotated the terminals. My winch is running backward as well. I will swap wires as you said. Thanks!

No problem. Glad I could help.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you also use the KFI winch mounting kit? Was it straight forward to install?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!