highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is becoming too frequent!! They should turn trails over to a non profit to maintain and promote.
Damn trails are never open. Enduro has been closed for almost 2 years. How long does it take to clear a trail?
This has got to be the worst operated NF tail system in the US.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
This is becoming too frequent!! They should turn trails over to a non profit to maintain and promote.
Damn trails are never open. Enduro has been closed for almost 2 years. How long does it take to clear a trail?
This has got to be the worst operated NF tail system in the US.
View attachment 328240
For sure, an absolute crock of s***. The trails out there are the only thing remotely close that isn't just huge mudholes.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For sure, an absolute crock of s***. The trails out there are the only thing remotely close that isn't just huge mudholes.
I think some members will be interested?

Reactions: Backwoods
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
A few of us are going to Sandstone trail for the first time this year 5-14-22. If any of you nearby cajuns want to go we can show you the trails. We have been parking in the shadeless day use lot near Lotus Camp. Lotus has been improved as more of a camping area so parking with huge trailers is limited.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
A few of us are going to Sandstone trail for the first time this year 5-14-22. If any of you nearby cajuns want to go we can show you the trails. We have been parking in the shadeless day use lot near Lotus Camp. Lotus has been improved as more of a camping area so parking with huge trailers is limited.
We had a good day of riding. No breakdowns or injuries!

Sandstone trail report.
Good news:
  • Lotus campground has more camping pads thanks to Yamaha's outdoor initiative grants. The area is nicer. $10 per day to camp. We paid because we wanted to park there rather than the day use parking area with zero shade and no picnic tables.
  • Fallen tress have been cut wider for sxs access, I would assume by an individual. In December the trees were cut to about 49.5". Park rangers haven't figured out yet that people will just reroute the trail around such obstacles.
Bad news:
  • Park rangers must have devoted all of their time to the Lotus camp during the January through April seasonal closure because the trails are in the same condition as they were in December. A private contractor could have built the simple Lotus camping pads in a week!
  • Lotaus camp is now tighter to navigate with long trailers due to less available space.
Unfortunately for Louisiana, Kisatchie management is still not very OHV friendly. Unfortunately for Kisatchie, they've not accommodated with wider trails and a friendlier attitude toward a very paying tourism segment.

My kids wanted to go see the Kisatchie Bayou Campground area while there. I'd never been either. Six miles down a dirt road to the campground the gate is locked, closed "temporarily". Probably since Covid but "temporary". So, just like the down trees, people just made a new trail by driving around the gate. I couldn't pass with my 24 ft trailer though so we had to skip.

The whole Kisatchie recreational management is pathetic. I've sent them emails and recommendations referencing Arkansas and other states but I'm certain they trashed those.

• Sad
Reactions: CID and Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
We had a good day of riding. No breakdowns or injuries!

Sandstone trail report.
Good news:
  • Lotus campground has more camping pads thanks to Yamaha's outdoor initiative grants. The area is nicer. $10 per day to camp. We paid because we wanted to park there rather than the day use parking area with zero shade and no picnic tables.
  • Fallen tress have been cut wider for sxs access, I would assume by an individual. In December the trees were cut to about 49.5". Park rangers haven't figured out yet that people will just reroute the trail around such obstacles.
Bad news:
  • Park rangers must have devoted all of their time to the Lotus camp during the January through April seasonal closure because the trails are in the same condition as they were in December. A private contractor could have built the simple Lotus camping pads in a week!
  • Lotaus camp is now tighter to navigate with long trailers due to less available space.
Unfortunately for Louisiana, Kisatchie management is still not very OHV friendly. Unfortunately for Kisatchie, they've not accommodated with wider trails and a friendlier attitude toward a very paying tourism segment.

My kids wanted to go see the Kisatchie Bayou Campground area while there. I'd never been either. Six miles down a dirt road to the campground the gate is locked, closed "temporarily". Probably since Covid but "temporary". So, just like the down trees, people just made a new trail by driving around the gate. I couldn't pass with my 24 ft trailer though so we had to skip.

The whole Kisatchie recreational management is pathetic. I've sent them emails and recommendations referencing Arkansas and other states but I'm certain they trashed those.
Yep, pretty sad. I get why they don't want to widen them, to keep all the giant mud rigs out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!