Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It doesn't get as hot because your new exhaust doesn't have a catalytic converter! Changing just the intake air filter or just the exhaust shouldn't hurt the engine but changing both without a fuel mod may lean it out too much. Honda makes their ECU maps difficult to alter from my experience with their motorcycles. I had an ST1300 with a K&N and Two Brothers exhaust and no remap and it ran fine...I'm still reading about the P500 but am considering changing to a K&N air filter, a custom exhaust and this: Honda Pioneer 500 MAGNUM Dyno-Boost ATV Performance Chip

Okay. I honestly don't know much about it but I do know I'm drawing more air through the snorkel tubes as it's sucking in the prefilter I have on. It's also using more fuel so whatever the Dobeck is doing makes me think I'm not running too lean. The HMF makes it sound better too. FWIW

D

Duckhunt

With the PC V you can look at the fuel map and trims on laptop. To hit my 13.2:1 AFR ratios, stock engine with K&N and no CAT opened exhaust, it was 16-20% more fuel in all mid ranges with the exception of about -5% fuel in very, very top end. But I was also running 5 degree advance timing then.

@trigger are you still bouncing off the rev limiter at 41 now? Funny shouldn't matter on mixture/fuel map as speed sensor is counting revolutions of output shaft shouldn't matter unless now when at 41 you're not hitting rev limiter.

happyfred

happyfred

Mar 20, 2019
NY
Ownership

1. 500
With the PC V you can look at the fuel map and trims on laptop. To hit my 13.2:1 AFR ratios, stock engine with K&N and no CAT opened exhaust, it was 16-20% more fuel in all mid ranges with the exception of about -5% fuel in very, very top end. But I was also running 5 degree advance timing then.

@trigger are you still bouncing off the rev limiter at 41 now? Funny shouldn't matter on mixture/fuel map as speed sensor is counting revolutions of output shaft shouldn't matter unless now when at 41 you're not hitting rev limiter.

Where did you get the PC V? I go to their site and it is always sold out.

Reactions: Duckhunt
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Been a while since I've topped it out but did it a few times after I installed the Dobeck.

Reactions: Duckhunt
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I believe I'm at 14 for top end.
my wot range is 12.5 i believe ill have to double check i know thats on the rich side but the only time i hold it wide open in going down the road

D

Duckhunt

Here's the Dynojet map (available online) for the stock engine which the P500 PC-V comes loaded with. Notice it actually has to lean the mixture at very top end, where all other ranges it needs to richen the map. This is to hit 13.2:1 AFR. I'll attach the Dynojet AFR map below.

So for those curious the top table is % fuel it changes the stock fuel map. Bottom is the AFR's this map should be hitting, if using the Autotune O2 sensor it will adjust map to make sure your hitting these AFR's like the Dobeck. Basically Dynojet set these AFR's on a stock P500 and got these fuel values. NOTE: 0 AFR means no target AFR to meet. Just thought I'd share, if it has to lean to hit 13.2:1 that means the stock Honda map is rich on very top.
Fuel

AFRs

Visual

Visual

Nov 16, 2020
Great Lake State
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a o2 delete in the store.
O2 DELETE for Honda Pioneer

I dont know enough about it to make it read lean all the time.
I know this is a bit old but, does the O2 delete in the store also work for my Pioneer 700? I have the 2021 700-4 model.

I purchased the yoshimura rs2 exhaust system which they advertise for the 2014 model but cross referencing other exhaust systems shows the fitment is the same throughout all the years.

What I found to be different was the O2 Port which is not present in the yoshimura pipe. I either want to possibly delete the O2 or I will need to find a shop that can TIG weld in a stainless steel 02 bung for me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!