Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i have developed a very slow leak that at times would leak a little faster. To make a long story short I was able to narrow it down to the valve stem. I need to replace and I figure a valve stem is a valve stem but thought I would ask if there is a recommendation out there that someone has found to take a little more punishment.

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i have developed a very slow leak that at times would leak a little faster. To make a long story short I was able to narrow it down to the valve stem. I need to replace and I figure a valve stem is a valve stem but thought I would ask if there is a recommendation out there that someone has found to take a little more punishment.
You can get valve stems that have a metal cover that you slip over the stem.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
They make metal valve stems

Reactions: Ragnar406 and sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can get valve stems that have a metal cover that you slip over the stem.
That is what I need to get, wonder do you know if I can just go into a local auto parts store and pick up or if it is something I need to order. Maybe a local tire shop

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is what I need to get, wonder do you know if I can just go into a local auto parts store and pick up or if it is something I need to order. Maybe a local tire shop
The only thing you need to know is the valve stem hole diameter in the wheel. And the length of the valve stem. Auto parts store cary generic ones. As long as honda didnt use an odd ball size they should be able to get ya taken care of

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Metal valve stems are great until they make contact with something solid and break off. I have run them before in mud trucks.JMO but I would stick with the shortest rubber valve stem you can find.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only thing you need to know is the valve stem hole diameter in the wheel. And the length of the valve stem. Auto parts store cary generic ones. As long as honda didnt use an odd ball size they should be able to get ya taken care of
Ok good to know - this is on a aftermarket wheel Motorsport M28 I believe - I will see if I can get the specs

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

This is slightly off topic but I carry one of these in my on board tool box for emergency. This isnt the best video but I didn't search long and you get the idea.

I hope this helps someone down the road.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is slightly off topic but I carry one of these in my on board tool box for emergency. This isnt the best video but I didn't search long and you get the idea.

I hope this helps someone down the road.
That is a pretty neat way to change out a valve stem. I had read where value stems can get broken on the trail and I have a Colby emergency valve stem

- when I noticed the leak this past weekend - luckily we were going through a bunch of water and shortly after a hole I was checking the tires and heard the bubbling before narrowing it down to the valvestem. Seems when I push on the stem the air leak stopped and the tire is still inflated but I could see it was leaking by the base and decided best to go ahead and change.

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!