Looking for options on two way communications for helmets.

Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
Need two way helmet radios for myself and the wife. What says y'all on this subject??

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the SENA units. I have a pair of the 20’s. I use them on the street and have started to use them off road as well. I used to use a chatterbox unit on the street but the SENA is far superior in my opinion.

Reactions: Vaden01
Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
I like the SENA units. I have a pair of the 20’s. I use them on the street and have started to use them off road as well. I used to use a chatterbox unit on the street but the SENA is far superior in my opinion.
Will check into those
Thanks for actually responding to my question.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will check into those
Thanks for actually responding to my question.
No worries. I should mention my SENA is 10 years give or take newer than my chatterbox so the newer tech and smaller size could be most of why I like it so much more.

Scala rider is another common brand. I have no personal experience with them but had I not caught a smoking amazon deal on my SENA pair I could have easily gone with that brand as well.

Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
No worries. I should mention my SENA is 10 years give or take newer than my chatterbox so the newer tech and smaller size could be most of why I like it so much more.

Scala rider is another common brand. I have no personal experience with them but had I not caught a smoking amazon deal on my SENA pair I could have easily gone with that brand as well.
I will check on those too. Trying not to spend a fortune on a set since the wife doesnt always go with me but would be nice to have.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500

I will check on those too. Not wanting to spend alot on them but i dont want el cheapos either. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the uclear brand because they were priced better than sena and rated more durable. They are fine on our quads, but when my wife is passenger on the street bike they aren't good. They have just enough delay that we no longer use them when next to each other. I wouldn't recommend them for use in the pioneer.

@JTW around here the state parks check and patrol on the weekends. We try and ride on a weekday and simply carry them in the pioneer in case.

Reactions: JTW and Vaden01
Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
I have the uclear brand because they were priced better than sena and rated more durable. They are fine on our quads, but when my wife is passenger on the street bike they aren't good. They have just enough delay that we no longer use them when next to each other. I wouldn't recommend them for use in the pioneer.

@JTW around here the state parks check and patrol on the weekends. We try and ride on a weekday and simply carry them in the pioneer in case.
Thank you Firemedic530 for you advice on the comms.
My Grandkids are getting to riding age and helmets are a MUST for them. Im a Lead by Example kind of guy. Thanks again for your input!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I too have been contemplating the wife and I wearing some type of helmet while riding the trails.
I have a few questions on these type of helmet comms. Can you add analog audio inputs and stream music ? A majority of this group use UHF/VHF radios for large group rides.. I would have to be able to hear it when needed.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got these years ago for riding our atvs (vintage now), VOX. Many options for a pair of FRS radios to keep in touch with others on group rides, and bluetooth for music. Pretty reasonable for near line of sight. Full face helments are also so nice in cold weather. Good thinking about kids.

9481CDD1 DF9E 4A62 BB9B 9186D6DD263B

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaden01 and sharp
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My SENA does Bluetooth for sure (GPS and music). I believe there is a 3.5 mm input jack as well but I have not used it. I will check tomorrow (if I remember).

My old chatterbox definitely had a 3.5 mm input jack.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My SENA does Bluetooth for sure (GPS and music). I believe there is a 3.5 mm input jack as well but I have not used it. I will check tomorrow (if I remember).

My old chatterbox definitely had a 3.5 mm input jack.

Confirmed...My SENA (I have the 20S model) does have a 3.5 mm input jack as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!