Low is OUT...

A

aurora_pioneer

Mar 25, 2018
Aurora, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hope Honda is watching this thread...

I am pushing to get my machine fixed so I can make it to the biggest Pioneer event of the year...

It broke three days ago and is going to the dealer in the morning...

Who has trouble with low gear? I do...

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
I hope Honda is watching this thread...

I am pushing to get my machine fixed so I can make it to the biggest Pioneer event of the year...

It broke three days ago and is going to the dealer in the morning...

Who has trouble with low gear? I do...
On what machine

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I had 11,777 miles on mine when it wouldn't shift into low range. It would shift into all the other positions. I lifted the seat and shifted it into low range with my hand. My shift cable had the metal tube at the end of the cable separate from the cable housing. A new $30,00 cable fixed it. The tube is covered by the rubber boot over the cable end. You can pinch the rubber boot at the cable housing to see if the tube has moved toward the shift lever. The shift cable is difficult to install.

Reactions: Yankee
W

WildTurkey

Feb 8, 2018
Nantahala NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2018 P1k-3 LE.

To answer your question, no problem with shifting into Low. When cold, shifting from Park requires more effort than when warm, knowing that I crank it up and let it run in cold weather as I prepare myself for the weather.

Retired, I find I work better in Low than High in most weather!:)

Reactions: Adamsennett

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!