Lower Gears?

JoKer150

JoKer150

Feb 19, 2014
Louisiana
how would i go about lowering my gears. I'd like to have a little more low-end power.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
By installing smaller tires or trading it. No lower gears right now.

JoKer150

JoKer150

Feb 19, 2014
Louisiana
DG Rider said:
By installing smaller tires or trading it. No lower gears right now.

i'd like to go bigger tires, but don't want to sacrifice power

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I have 27s no power loss. it actually feels like it has more. I was worried to, that's why I went 27s and not 28s. I will buy 28s next time.
I personal cant imagine a need for lower gearing. I was thinking about trying the Rincon reduction gears to gear it up.
the tires are the best thing I have done to the bike. better ride, handling and feels like more power.

T

The Wire

Jan 12, 2014
spifyd said:
I have 27s no power loss. it actually feels like it has more. I was worried to, that's why I went 27s and not 28s. I will buy 28s next time.
I personal cant imagine a need for lower gearing. I was thinking about trying the Rincon reduction gears to gear it up.
the tires are the best thing I have done to the bike. better ride, handling and feels like more power.

spifyd,
What tires and rims did you get? Any issues with added dirt being thrown at the passengers?

JoKer150

JoKer150

Feb 19, 2014
Louisiana
spifyd said:

what rims/tires did u get? Bigger tires typically cause you to lose power. If you've got some that don't, I'd like to try them.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I put 27 bear claw htr radials on it. a couple of things I noticed was with the old tires it took all I had to push in forward or backwards in the garage.
with the new radials I can move it quite easily, that tells me rolling resistance is much less. also the bike rolls over things much better.
I was expecting less power and ready to deal with it just for a better ride. I was pleasantly surprised when I put the tires on it. I think it feels like it has more power/ torque now but no ones going to believe that. all I can say is I was not a big fan of replacing stock tires with bigger but it was by far the best thing I have done to this bike.

Attachments

• SAM_1031int.jpg
    SAM_1031int.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 846
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
spifyd said:
I put 27 bear claw htr radials on it. a couple of things I noticed was with the old tires it took all I had to push in forward or backwards in the garage.
with the new radials I can move it quite easily, that tells me rolling resistance is much less. also the bike rolls over things much better.
I was expecting less power and ready to deal with it just for a better ride. I was pleasantly surprised when I put the tires on it. I think it feels like it has more power/ torque now but no ones going to believe that. all I can say is I was not a big fan of replacing stock tires with bigger but it was by far the best thing I have done to this bike.
Thats what I found as well,even installed the same tires.I went with them because I've ran them on my Polaris mid size for a year now and find them to be a excellent tire.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!