P1000 Max wheel and Tire Size Without Lift

c_hurt

c_hurt

Dec 27, 2020
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m looking at running a 14” rim with some ITP 29” tires. Got 9” wide on the front and 11” wide on the back. Anyone have experience with this big of wheel/tire? Will I need to put a lift on it for them to fit without rubbing? Also, is a 1” spacer completely necessary for the rear wheels or can I get by without it.

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m looking at running a 14” rim with some ITP 29” tires. Got 9” wide on the front and 11” wide on the back. Anyone have experience with this big of wheel/tire? Will I need to put a lift on it for them to fit without rubbing? Also, is a 1” spacer completely necessary for the rear wheels or can I get by without it.
So your question isn’t as cut and dry as you would think. Some tires run bigger and others run smaller. I know of a couple 28’s that will rub without a lift so I’d say you’re going to need a lift to fit most 29’s. You’re also going to need forward arched a-arms to give you some extra needed clearance up front, it’s not as simple as getting bigger tires and adding wheel spacers but definitely doable and worth it.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here’s a video of my spacer lift and a few videos for the front arms.

Honda Pioneer 1000-5 lift kit

Honda Pioneer 1000 Super Atv A-arms Part 1

Honda Pioneer 1000 Super Atv A-arms Part 2

c_hurt

c_hurt

Dec 27, 2020
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So your question isn’t as cut and dry as you would think. Some tires run bigger and others run smaller. I know of a couple 28’s that will rub without a lift so I’d say you’re going to need a lift to fit most 29’s. You’re also going to need forward arched a-arms to give you some extra needed clearance up front, it’s not as simple as getting bigger tires and adding wheel spacers but definitely doable and worth it.
Thanks for the help. I’ll just have to get them on and see. I was hoping to be able to just mount and go, but it’s never as simple as you think it’s going to be, right? I did my research on the tire size, but didn’t account for getting bigger rims until they already came in and I saw how big they were. Oh well. The bigger the better when it comes to these things I guess!

Reactions: Russ989

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!