Might be moving to Tennessee. Parks for Honda Pioneer 1000. Near Chattanooga?

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hopefully posting this in the correct spot. we are thinking of relocating to Chattanooga TN or similar from Iowa (conservatives). Tired of winters here. I have had a Honda Pioneer 520 in the past. Sold due to wanting turf mode, harsh shifts and noise, and want to get a P1000 to enjoy in and near where I live.

1. I noticed a nearby UTV park does not allow greater than 50 inches in width, but I cannot find a way to sort the parks by which ones would allow the P1000 size UTV. Does anyone know of good parks nearby? This made me think I should have kept the p520, but that is in the past.

2. Are UTV's allowed on the streets now? Do certain counties in TN ban them on public roads? I was unable to find anything on .gov for Chattanooga or surrounding area in TN. I found on this forum they are issuing plates if the UTV can go above 35 mph, but I have trouble confirming whether individual cities or counties are banning them on public roads?

3. If you are familiar with TN, would you please comment if Chattanooga would be a nice place for a young family. Restaurants, live music, outdoor walking/hiking, etc. If any alternative suggestions I would love your input.

4. Is the P1000 still a great option / value? I was also noticing the new mule pro has a 1000 cc option, but I heard online it does not have a Kawasaki motor in it. I am strongly leaning towards the Honda.

5. Interested in public target shooting ranges as well / proximity to where ever I live (sorry if not pertinent to SXS).

Any advice or input appreciated. Thank you all.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hopefully posting this in the correct spot. we are thinking of relocating to Chattanooga TN or similar from Iowa (conservatives). Tired of winters here. I have had a Honda Pioneer 520 in the past. Sold due to wanting turf mode, harsh shifts and noise, and want to get a P1000 to enjoy in and near where I live.

1. I noticed a nearby UTV park does not allow greater than 50 inches in width, but I cannot find a way to sort the parks by which ones would allow the P1000 size UTV. Does anyone know of good parks nearby? This made me think I should have kept the p520, but that is in the past.

2. Are UTV's allowed on the streets now? Do certain counties in TN ban them on public roads? I was unable to find anything on .gov for Chattanooga or surrounding area in TN. I found on this forum they are issuing plates if the UTV can go above 35 mph, but I have trouble confirming whether individual cities or counties are banning them on public roads?

3. If you are familiar with TN, would you please comment if Chattanooga would be a nice place for a young family. Restaurants, live music, outdoor walking/hiking, etc. If any alternative suggestions I would love your input.

4. Is the P1000 still a great option / value? I was also noticing the new mule pro has a 1000 cc option, but I heard online it does not have a Kawasaki motor in it. I am strongly leaning towards the Honda.

5. Interested in public target shooting ranges as well / proximity to where ever I live (sorry if not pertinent to SXS).

Any advice or input appreciated. Thank you all.
You can message me. I’ll give you the lowdown. Chattanooga is getting really crowded and the traffic sucks. There’s a LOT of gang violence and shootings, but if you aren’t in a gang you have a better chance, unless you get hit by a stray round. Plenty of country areas surrounding that are nice, and you can register and ride your sxs on county roads with a speed limit of less than 45mph.

Lots of shooting opportunities.

Outdoor activities galore. It’s a good area, but (and don’t take offense) filling up with transplants trying to escape blue areas. Some are ok but some bring their political BS here and try to change things.

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
also live in chattanooga area.

I love this town. grew up here in the county.

Tons of great food, outdoor fun and community events for a family

We have a great riverfront bike path and it keeps getting extended.

The lake is great with plenty of marinas.

GovMule is right, traffic is tough, but not as bad as atlanta or nashville. if you are a 9-5 worker and going into the city every day, you will want to figure out alternight commute times.

I currently hold memberships at two area ranges, and while very different from each other, they both meet my needs. Both are about 20-25 min outside of the city center (ooltewah *Chattanooga Rifle Club (strick rules/static ranges), and South of cleveland TN * Cleveland Hunting Rifle and Pistol Club. (lots of events and activities/competitions/cowboy/skeet/fun stuff. Both clubs are on a waiting list but it's not bad...

Depending on the part of the county you live in, schools can be great. Highly recommend Ooltewah/Highway 58/Mcdonald/east brainerd areas (but i'm biased).

P1 is a great machine. no regrets. as far as riding, i'm the wrong guy but I know Prentice Cooper has some riding and there's several really challenging places all within an hour of the city. Mine is street legal with a turnpro kit. easy upgrade and a tag. no interstate or state highways as I understand, but rural and back roads are no issue.

Fav place to hang out is in Ooltewah, Cambridge Square. amazing food and regular fun family friendly things to do/watch/listen to.

Reach out anytime with questions. j

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thank you both for the thoughtful replies. I sent direct messages to follow up.

If anyone else has opinions on the best suburbs to live in TN (or a different state in the similar weather region) that accommodates outdoor activities / some family orientated things to do within short driving distance, I would appreciate the input. I probably phrased the question too narrowly by expressing direct interest in Chatanooga / Ooltewah, as there may be other great places to check out. Ideally we can find a suburb that has those amenities but also allows SxS on the public roads. It is pretty difficult to check each county for restrictions vs. the state regulation which I learned was fairly UTV friendly compared to other states.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you both for the thoughtful replies. I sent direct messages to follow up.
Your in good hands with those two guys! They will fix you up👍🏻